Talking E-a-g-l-e-s Eagles!!!!!!!

Wow! What a game. They almost blew it in regulation, but got that unbelievable 1st down with 4th and 24 from their own 15 or so to continue the drive for a game-tying field goal.

Bret Favre is a very good QB, but what was he thinking when he threw that pass up in the air in OT? He got away with it a few times during the game, but not this time. That was just plain dumb, and it ends that "team of destiny" b.s. that's been going around.

While I'll agree this wasn't the best effort I've seen from the Eagles, it was good enough today. Now we get Carolina at home, and hopefully a visit to the Superbowl for the first time in 23 years.

YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Awww, great.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Wow! What a game. They almost blew it in regulation, but got that unbelievable 1st down with 4th and 24 from their own 15 or so to continue the drive for a game-tying field goal.[/B]
    You ruined it for me. We're on the West Coast- I won't be able to watch it for another couple of hours!

Thanks. Thanks a lot.

fp

Yer welcome. So how do you like my new Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    You ruined it for me. We're on the West Coast- I won't be able to watch it for another couple of hours!

Thanks. Thanks a lot.

fp
    Now that you've dubbed me "Avatar Boy", I'm going to have to come up with some real doozies.

Swish, um, er, Avatar Boy
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

dld
    Forum Regular
    OK, you got a big gloat coming. Enjoy. And talk about lucky. That 4th and 26 was incredible. Unreal. Helluva game by McNabb. Who y'all play next week? Caolina puddytats? Welcome to the Super Bowl Mr. Eagle. Yer Eagle is still lucky but it'll be me buying beer in New Orleans. Ck. your E-mail. We're staying at the Hampton. I'll do the deal when I get back from Baton Rouge Tuesday.
    Do I have to spell it out?

C---H---E---E----S----E

A--N--D

O---N---I---O---N---S

Oh No

Carolina could be very tough!

Quote Originally Posted by dld
    OK, you got a big gloat coming. Enjoy. And talk about lucky. That 4th and 26 was incredible. Unreal. Helluva game by McNabb. Who y'all play next week? Caolina puddytats? Welcome to the Super Bowl Mr. Eagle. Yer Eagle is still lucky but it'll be me buying beer in New Orleans. Ck. your E-mail. We're staying at the Hampton. I'll do the deal when I get back from Baton Rouge Tuesday.
    I'm just glad the "Igles" are at home for that one. We beat them by a whisker earlier in the season, but they're looking pretty good lately. We've lost the conference final the last two seasons, and last year it was at home to those stinkin' Buckaneers, so this could be the Achille's heel for the Eagles. I just hope we can do it this year because a lot of their deserving players won't be around for another year for another attempt.

As for the Hampton, if you call and can't get a reservation, I'll just give you one of mine. I have the confirmation numbers in my file, so let me know. I'll be in Florida all this week so I won't have the info with me. We can deal with it next weekend if you need the info.

Feetsaball!

Don't get too excited. That Iggles game could very easily have gone the other way. Not sure why Sherman didn't go for that 4th and one late in the 4th QT. GB was always able to rush for 3 yards in this game. Had they gotten that, the game would have been over right there.

Not sure why so many people think McNabb is the some QB god. For every great play he made yesterday, there was another where he threw the ball in the dirt or fumbled. Sorry, the Iggles got big time lucky yesterday.

Carolina could, and probably will, eat them alive.

And that Rams game! Sheez! I hate the Rams, so I really enjoyed that surprise. That was my first Carolina game this year. I was surprised by how strong they were.

Doesn't matter because the AFC is SO loaded compared to the NFC. The Colts yesterday had one of the most impressive offences I've ever seen. No punts in 2 games? WTF is THAT!?! I guarantee they will punt in Foxboro next week, but still . . .

On paper, the NFC doesn't stand a chance. But I still wouldn't bet on ANY game this year.

Thread Information