Forum Regular

Opinions please on using DH Labs with Yamaha/Klipsch

I'm going to set up my first home theater/sound system. I would like to know if anyone has used Dh Labs T14 speaker cables with a Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver and or Klipsch speakers and can tell me if they were a good combination, or am I just thinking too much about this. I have my basic components and just need my cables to set everything up. I have a Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver, Monster HTS-3600 power center, Klipsch RB-5II front bookshelfs, Klipsch RC-3II center, Klipsch RS-3II surrounds and Klipsch RW-10 sub. Thank you for any input I can get.

You'll be fine. A little broke, but fine.

differencs in cables, if any, are extremely subtle at best.

"...or am I just thinking too much about this." - yes. just connect, fire up and enjoy.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ht beginner
    I'm going to set up my first home theater/sound system. I would like to know if anyone has used Dh Labs T14 speaker cables with a Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver and or Klipsch speakers and can tell me if they were a good combination, or am I just thinking too much about this. I have my basic components and just need my cables to set everything up. I have a Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver, Monster HTS-3600 power center, Klipsch RB-5II front bookshelfs, Klipsch RC-3II center, Klipsch RS-3II surrounds and Klipsch RW-10 sub. Thank you for any input I can get.
    I run the DH Labs T14 speaker cables from an Acurus A100 amp to Acoustic Energy Aegis One speakers. I was driving the AEs with a 25wpc NAD stereo receiver using radio shack speaker wire that comes on spools - pretty good bargain. When a channel in the receiver blew I decided to upgrade to seperate preamp and power amp combo. To my surprise and dismay, the AEs sounded compressed or closed-in. I wasn't sure what to do so I went looking for new speakers. An audio shop owner suggested I try the silver T14s first (also a bargain for what you get). These really opened up the AEs, particularly in the treble. The AEs have a soft dome tweeter, however. Silver content speaker cables may be too bright for an already bright music-only system. I can't comment on how they would perform with movies other than guessing that you would get all the detail your other components are capable of producing.

Interestingly, I still use the radio shack wire in another system (NAD integrated and NHT SuperOnes) with no complaints.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ht beginner
    I'd start with cheap wire first and then you might decide to upgrade later. I wouldn't worry too much about it for now. Get used to the sound of your new system with cheaper wire first. Then you'll know if higher performance wire will make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by musicoverall
    I'd start with cheap wire first and then you might decide to upgrade later. I wouldn't worry too much about it for now. Get used to the sound of your new system with cheaper wire first. Then you'll know if higher performance wire will make a difference.
    Not too cheep though. I wouldn't go any smaller than 16 ga.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thread Information