Thread: Got XM?

AR Newbie Registered Member

Got XM?

Does anyone have satelite radio? I am totally fed up with the same 10 songs they play on the radio here and I'm gonna test drive the new Civic SI Coupe this weekend and I think it comes with XMradio. Is this better than Sirius or the other one not sure of the name...BTW I work for Honda and can't believe they are finally showin the Civic some love again by making it supersporty and YAY to the awesome sound system! Just not sure about the satelite thingy though... Anyone got XM?

Forum Regular
    My '04 Accord EX Coupe came with it, and after the trial period, there was no going back. I recommend you look at the web site to see the channels that are available and if they match your musical tastes. Sound wise, I doubt there's any difference between XM and Sirius. It's great to be able to take a road trip and listen to the music of your choice along the way!

AR Newbie Registered Member

Regarding XM radio

Quote Originally Posted by caprisun
    Does anyone have satelite radio? I am totally fed up with the same 10 songs they play on the radio here and I'm gonna test drive the new Civic SI Coupe this weekend and I think it comes with XMradio. Is this better than Sirius or the other one not sure of the name...BTW I work for Honda and can't believe they are finally showin the Civic some love again by making it supersporty and YAY to the awesome sound system! Just not sure about the satelite thingy though... Anyone got XM?

I have XM at home and installed in my SUV. I love classical and jazz music without a lot of commercials and this is it. My only concern is, sometimes they will play a run of songs without give information about the players, etc. Other than that, this is great listening. I hope this helps

XM is great. I did a review of a Yamaha receiver that has it built in, and I enjoyed the XM radio thoroughly. Here's the review:

http://audioreview.com/XMREVIEWcrx.aspx

Basically the gist is that selection is great, but it is not "CD quality" as it is touted. Still good enough to be enjoyable, and the great programming makes the quality forgivable. I haven't tried it in the car yet, I would like to though, my car radio gets awful reception.

Thread Information