Any good trip-hop/electronica recs?

Been spinning many of the albums I own within this genre lately. This type of music is great to play over my little speakers at work, relaxing but interesting, rarely too loud or annoying . I'm wondering if there's any albums out there (newer or older) that I might have missed out on. What I've spun recently:
    Stuff from Portishead, Laika, Morcheeba, Lori Carson, Lamb, Wax Poetic, as well as most of Jars comps that cover this material.

Any albums that I should add to my meager collection?

tia

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by newtrix1
    Been spinning many of the albums I own within this genre lately. This type of music is great to play over my little speakers at work, relaxing but interesting, rarely too loud or annoying . I'm wondering if there's any albums out there (newer or older) that I might have missed out on. What I've spun recently:
    Stuff from Portishead, Laika, Morcheeba, Lori Carson, Lamb, Wax Poetic, as well as most of Jars comps that cover this material.

Any albums that I should add to my meager collection?

tia
    Hi there Rick you might find it worth checking out some of these if you don't have them already. To me they categorise more as electronica than trip hip hop. But they are all either heavy on the beats or very chilled and most feature instrumental or guest vocalists. I'd be happy to put a comp together for you if you like. Some are fairly recent or a few years old.

Thievery Corporation - Just about all their releases are good but try their latest The Cosmic Game or Mirror Conspiracy, they often feature an Eastern influence in their sound.

Kruder & Dorfmeister - Sessions or DJ Kicks

Air - Moon Safari, Premiers Symptomes or their last one Talkie Walkie (their best IMO)

Tosca - Suzuki or Delhi9 both excellent

Dzihan and Kamien - Gran Riserva or Freaks and Icons, half of K&D so very similar in sound

Zero7 - When It Falls is their best IMO

Lemonjelly - Lost Horizons or KY

Bent - Programmed To Love

Currently the label Hedkandi I think is the best if you want to try compilations of this sort of stuff, nice covers too!

Cheers
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Hi there Rick you might find it worth checking out some of these if you don't have them already. To me they categorise more as electronica than trip hip hop. But they are all either heavy on the beats or very chilled and most feature instrumental or guest vocalists. I'd be happy to put a comp together for you if you like. Some are fairly recent or a few years old.

Thievery Corporation - Just about all their releases are good but try their latest The Cosmic Game or Mirror Conspiracy, they often feature an Eastern influence in their sound.

Kruder & Dorfmeister - Sessions or DJ Kicks

Air - Moon Safari, Premiers Symptomes or their last one Talkie Walkie (their best IMO)

Tosca - Suzuki or Delhi9 both excellent

Dzihan and Kamien - Gran Riserva or Freaks and Icons, half of K&D so very similar in sound

Zero7 - When It Falls is their best IMO

Lemonjelly - Lost Horizons or KY

Bent - Programmed To Love

Currently the label Hedkandi I think is the best if you want to try compilations of this sort of stuff, nice covers too!

Cheers
    Mike
    Sure Mike, I'd love that if you have the time. Some of the names look familiar, but I sure don't have anything by any of the artists you posted. Thanks man!

Hey dude, definitely check out:

Massive Attack - Mezzanine, 100th Window
    Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X, Bloodsport, Splinter

These are mandatory additions to your collection, IMO. The best trip-hop I know of. Glad to see you've already got Lamb and Portishead. And of course, it's a never-ending battle trying to convince others that it's in fact 10,000 Hz Legend that's the best Air album... :-)

Also, I'm gonna have to check out these others that I know not. Thanks to both of you.

I guess I don't have anything to add Rick, you have the best of what I've got already

btw, I still spin that Povi disc every so often.. great stuff there. Also the Hooverphonic. To be honest, I haven't picked up a new electronica cd in quite some time. I didn't even pick up the last Massive Attack album, man I'm behind the times.

-jar
    If being afraid is a crime we'll hang side-by-side,
    at the swingin' party down the line..

The Replacements

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    This is an elusive genre for me, but I do have Young American Primitive s/t album that I highly recommend. I'm looking forward to the day when it's re-released. I let several folks borrow it before I thought to make a back-up copy. It's scratched and skips during one track.

Yeah, Jar and Mike both have cranked out a ton of great comps exploring the ins and outs of downbeat electronica. And Chrisnz has a few too. And I even did one or two myself, although I usually wind up trying to shoehorn something in there that doesn't fit, just because I'm me.

The last couple Lali Puna albums are both very good, Faking the Books from last year and especially Scary World Theory from a couple years earlier. Kind of like a femme fatale version of Notwist, and it partly is due to Markus Acher in the band, but not quite as melancholy. Makes me smile a lot.

And speaking of the Notwist, of course Neon Golden, but everyone and their dog's best friend already have that one!

And I'm a big fan of Hood, which has a similar organic melancholy vibe to the Notwist, so would highly rec Cold House that merges some extra glitch and hip hop while maintaining a nice airiness and earnestness, but I know you've heard them before on that old Spring Cleaning comp I made so you might've already decided nay on that one

And the latest from the Album Leaf called A Safe Place that Sloshy has been dragging around is pretty darn good too, but quite ambient. Recorded with some of the Sigur Ros and Black Heart Procession crews.

I think you're already into Bjork, but she's indispensable for me. Vespertime or Homogenic or Post or whatever, it's all great. Never heard the last one with the all the a cappella Tuvian throat singing or whatever it is.

And Brian Eno has a new one out that I had it in my hand the other day at the CD supermarket, but decided to put it back cause it just comes in a cheap digipak and it felt so insubstantial for $16 or whatever they were asking, and I frankly just don't think he has much left to say. But I already have dozens of Eno albums too. So go get a copy of Another Green World or Taking Tiger Mountain or Before and After Science if you've never experienced it. Preferably a nice clean early UK or JPN vinyl pressing, but I guess the new CD remasters will work in a pinch. I made a very cool Eno comp a couple years ago (actually I made two or three different versions for different people) that I'd offer you, but I don't have a copy at my current place. Wish I did. Great stuff, sometimes even brilliant.

And Four Tet continues to impress with each release, although they just don't get under my skin and make me a fan. Maybe too electronic for me these days, but I was recently listening to my old vinyl copy of Kraftwerk's The Man-Machine and I'm still knocked out by it, so maybe not. Supposedly the whole Kraftwerk catalog is in the process of being remastered and there may be hi rez coming, but they've been saying that for it seems like years. But you're an old new wave guy so you probably already lived through all that old synth stuff.

You'd probably really like that other Sloshy fave too, 13 & God which features the Notwist but mixed with a little more hip hop vibe than Neon Golden, via the same Anticon guys that were on the Hood album I think, giving it kind of a similar vibe, although I don't think it rises to the same level as that melancholy Cold House masterpiece. A bit mellow, maybe too mellow for you.

Did you ever hear that Kid Loco Grand Love Story CD? That was really a good one from the late 90s, at about the time trip-hop was fading out. Unfortunately, I don't think it ever got a US release. I have the French 2-CD version myself and have comped some of it. Some very nice stuff on those discs.

Did you hear that Manitoba disc I sent out to a bunch of people a couple years ago? Maybe not electronic enough. It's called Up In Flames and got kind of a mixed reaction around here if I recall, but I love it. Only perused the latest one in the listening station, and it does sound good, but maybe just more of the same? He had to change his name to Caribou this time around because of some silly lawsuit threat. Cool cover.

But as I'm sure you know by now, I tend more toward winsome guitar music, with extra points for melancholic quirkiness, so you probably shouldn't pay too much attention to this post, but it was fun to write
    Last edited by Davey; 09-09-2005 at 03:55 PM.

Have any of you heard The Juan Maclean?
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Lots of good stuff already recommended. Covering some of the same ground, and tossing in a few more, I'll give a quick list of stuff I like...

Massive Attack: Protection (if you haven't heard this and Mezzanine, you really MUST to go on in the trip hop thing...personally, I like everything by them, but Protection and Mezzanine seem to be most people's favorites)

Tricky: Maxinquaye (classic trip hop if there ever was)

Everything But The Girl: Walking Wounded (moody, sparse electronics with beautiful meloncholy vocals)

Air: Talkie Walkie (their latest from last year is perhaps my favorite these days, but everything they've put out is good)

Portishead (Dummy is their big one, but their self-titkled followup was really good too)

Boards of Canada: Music has a Right to Children (trippy loops and sample throughout...if you must have vocals, you may not like it as they're pretty few and far between, but really beautiful and atmospheric record...their upcomming release looks to be wonderful as well...actually they've never put out anything I haven't liked)

Kruder & Dorfmeister; K&D Sessions (Excellent 2 disc set of remixed versions of songs...excellent recording as well...I also really like their G-Stone EP, original tunes on that one)

ISAN: Lucky cat (if wordless, warm analogue synths are your bag...this one is sure to please)

Mighty Math: Spangled up a Tumbler (obscurish disc that's a personal favorite of mine, great varied instrumentation and electronics with floating vocals and sound effects)

Looks like you've already got plenty of suggestions, so I'll stop here, rather than just blabber on.

Oh yeah, and when you wanna get away from the little work speakers, lots of this stuff has really amazing bass, the K&D Sessions is good for that in particular, as is Massive Attack's 100th Window.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    Lots of good stuff already recommended. Covering some of the same ground, and tossing in a few more, I'll give a quick list of stuff I like...

Everything But The Girl: Walking Wounded (moody, sparse electronics with beautiful meloncholy vocals).
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Nobody; what about "Amplified Heart" by EBtG? I can get that album from YOURMUSIC.com. I've heard good things about EBtG from other people as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    Looks like you've already got plenty of suggestions, so I'll stop here, rather than just blabber on.

Oh yeah, and when you wanna get away from the little work speakers, lots of this stuff has really amazing bass, the K&D Sessions is good for that in particular, as is Massive Attack's 100th Window.
    hey, blabber away, I always read your posts . When I need a bass fix, I just pop my Sennheisers on and boost the bass output on my portable cd, that does the trick.

Yeah...I've got Amplified Heart too. To be honest though, I rarely listen to it because I much prefer Walking Wounded. Amoplified Heart is mostly acoustic, with those remixed tracks tossed in at the end. Walking Wounded is fully electronic. It actually retains the mood of Amplified Heart more so than the upbeat remix at the end, but working with an electronic pallette...which surprises some who hear the Missing remix and hear that Walking Wounded is electronic and assume they will sound alike. Walking Wounded is much more laid back.

As long as blabbering is acceptable, I will toss out a few more electronic suggestions that are really good that I didn't mention before...

The Orb: Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld - Ambient house classic...features the semi-hit/Volkswagen commercial track White Fulffy Clouds with Rickie Lee Jones talking over the music. This thing is a 2 disc set that is simply amazing. Electronic music doesn't get much better than this to me...although I have heard some people mention it sounding a bit dated these days.

Future Sounds of London - Another 2 disc ambient thing. No words...just electronic experiments that float through the room for a couple hours while you listen. I also like their Dead Cities disc, which is a bit more uptempo, especially in bursts, and more aggressive.

DJ Shadow: Endtroducing - Classic, mellow trip hop here. They just released a collectors/deluxe version of this thing, so I'm gtuessing more than a few people consider this one an important release in the genre. Private Press is also good...more varied.

DJ Spooky: Songs of a Dead Dreamer - He calls his music Ill-bient. Its basically hip hop influenced ambient music with a lot of electronics and with a bit of a dsconcerting vibe and lots of eire sound effects tossed in there.

Then there's always Underworld, KLF, a bunch of old Brian Eno stuff (or how about Jarre on the older electronic thing), DJ Krush (who I think always has great stuff on his discs, but who always disappoints me by tossing a few uptempo hip hop tracks with some lame Japan based MC or some such thing), and many more...

If you pick any of this stuff up, let us know what you think of any of it.,,good or bad.

I've always really enjoyed this album. Haven't heard any of her other stuff but this one is very nice electronica and kind of a sexy ride too. Good review at AMG .

Also I'm a big Cibo Matto fan so would put their first album VIVA! La Woman way up on my list of favorite trip hop albums. The next one was pretty good too, with more contribution from Sean Lennon, but I still would put the first one way on top. Good review at AMG .

I forgot about Bowery Electric... yea baby.

The Replacements

Trip hop had its big creative outburst when the big beat sound was more in vogue in the mid-90s. Here's a few choice titles from that stream that I would add to the list:

Crystal Method - Tweekend
    Underworld - Second Toughest In The Infants
    Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole
    Propellerheads - Decksanddrumsandrockandroll

If you're into more of a nujazz/downtempo sound, here are a few titles to start with:

Jazzanova - Remixes
    St. Germain - Tourist
    Koop - Waltz for Koop
    the OM Lounge series (OM Records)
    the Mushroom Jazz series (OM Records)
    Llorca - New Comer

I knew when I saw your question, you'd get some expert help here. Probably more than you want.

So here are my recommendations:
    I HIGHLY recommend the DJ Kicks/Kruder & Dorfmeister and the DJ Kicks/Thievery Corporation comps.
    Listening to some comps is a great way to learn which artists you like.

Ministry of Sound does some good comps, with artists like Groove Armada, etc.

There's a lot of good stuff and also some bad stuff in the trip hop genre.
    Thievery Corporation is a definite winner though.

I like the Verve remixed series also. The 3rd one (the newest) I just got and like.

Also, if you have itunes... check out the 'radio' section. There are some specific 'electronica' stations there. That's another good way to discover artists.
    "If everybody asked you to look at their website, you'd never have time for your own blog."
    - Wes Stace a.k.a. John Wesley Harding

This is what I'd do, if I wanted to make my own comp....

Make a list of all the artists mentioned here, then go to itunes and do a search for each artist.
    Just buy the 'top downloaded' song of each one. It's a good bet that you'll end up with a pretty cool comp.

Also.. you'll see that people post their own 'comps' (called 'imixes') on itunes and you can check those out too (they will show up when you search the artist).

"If everybody asked you to look at their website, you'd never have time for your own blog."
    - Wes Stace a.k.a. John Wesley Harding

Quote Originally Posted by KEXPMF
    This is what I'd do, if I wanted to make my own comp....
    Yeah, those are some good ideas. A bunch of people around here have made trip hop type comps over the years so we should post the tracklists of some of them. That would be fun ... here's a couple of my goofy ones to get it started, although I think Tricky Ricky (aka newtrix) already has or heard most of this stuff

Trip Hop Collection

1. Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy from Blue Lines
    2. Laika - Prarie Dog from Sounds of the Satellites
    3. DJ Shadow - Midnight In A Perfect World from Entroducing
    4. Tricky - Suffocated Love from Maxinquaye
    5. Portishead - Roads from Dummy
    6. Bjork - Hyper-Ballad from Post
    7. One Dove - White Love from Morning Dove White
    8. Kid Loco - Love Me Sweet from Grand Love Story
    9. Hector Zazou / Harold Budd - Pandas In Tandem from Glyph
    10. Ruby - Paraffin from Salt Peter
    11. Skylab - Seashell from #1
    12. Bowery Electric - Psalms of Survival from Lushlife
    13. The Dandy Warhols - Sleep from Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia
    14. Beth Orton - Stars All Seem To Weep from Central Reservation
    15. Cibo Matto - Sunday Part 1 & 2 from Stereo Type A

November 2000. This is a collection of both popular and obscure trip-hop with a leaning towards the latter. It is mostly down tempo and atmospheric music which is the style I like most. Some of the selections might not exactly fit the normal definition of trip-hop (if there is such a thing) but they do help provide a little needed variety.

Above and Beyond

1. Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space from Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space
    2. Grandaddy - He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's the Pilot from The Sophtware Slump
    3. Hector Zazou (Jane Siberry) - She's Like A Swallow from Songs From The Cold Seas
    4. David Sylvian - Dobro #1 / Midnight Sun from Dead Bees on a Cake
    5. Nitin Sawhney - Homelands from Beyond Skin
    6. Bjork - Joga from Homogenic
    7. Dot Allison - Morning Sun from Afterglow
    8. Sheila Chandra - Ever So Lonely/Eyes/Ocean from Weaving My Ancestors' Voices
    9. Tricky - Christiansands from Pre-Millennium Tension
    10. Laika - Widows' Weed from Good Looking Blues
    11. Peace Orchestra - Shining from Peace Orchestra
    12. Modest Mouse - Lives from The Moon & Antarctica
    13. Sigur Ros - Ny Batteri from Agaetis Byrjun
    14. Rachel's - Artemisia from Selenography

November 2000. This comp was originally put together in response to a challenge to trade a comp of your best music, but I used some of my current favorites instead with kind of an outward reaching theme.

Ok, I'm game.. here's two of my favorites, both contain many of the same groups, I guess I'm kind of stuck on some of them... there's some drum n' bass and dub mixed in with this stuff, I guess I like to mix it up a bit..

Polyharmony

01 Children of the Bong - Polyphase
    02 Anton Fier - Emotional Smear
    03 Sneaker Pimps - Low Place Like Home
    04 Medicine - She Knows Everything (Remix)
    05 Laika - Almost Sleeping
    06 Stereolab - Parsec
    07 Bjork - Alarm Call
    08 Gus Gus - Polyesterday
    09 Portishead - It Could Be Sweet
    10 Meat Beat Manifesto - Asbestos Lead Asbestos
    11 Coil - Windowpane
    12 The Golden Palominos - Heaven
    13 Love Spirals Downward - Alicia
    14 Cocteau Twins - Cico Buff
    15 Seefeel - Polyfusion

Post-Millenium Release

01 Halou - Milkdrunk
    02 The Golden Palominos - This is How It Feels
    03 Hooverphonic - Club Montepulciano
    04 Omin Trio - The Half Cut
    05 Roni Size - Watching Windows (Ed Rush & Optical Remix)
    06 Bjork - Army of Me
    07 Tricky - Christiansands
    08 Massive Attack - Dissolved Girl
    09 Stereolab - Prisoner of Mars
    10 Laika - Spooky Rhodes
    11 Coil - The Snow
    12 Meat Beat Manifesto - 1979
    13 Boards of Canada - Dawn Chorus
    14 Badmarsh & Shri - Sajanna
    15 Seefeel - Charlotte's Mouth (Avant Garde Mix)

The Replacements

someone should dig up the track list for ChrisNZ's ALL FILLER NO KILLER. One of the best electronica/ambient comps produced by a Rave Recker.

-jar

The Replacements

Quote Originally Posted by -Jar-
    someone should dig up the track list for ChrisNZ's ALL FILLER NO KILLER. One of the best electronica/ambient comps produced by a Rave Recker.
    Yeah, love that comp.
    http://archive.audioreview.com/10/0EF6396F.php

1 Craig Armstrong / MA - Weather Storm 05:40
    2 Sacred System - Black Lotus 04:26
    3 Nitin Sawhney - Bengali Song 01:58
    4 Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan / MA - Mustt Mustt 04:00
    5 U Srinavas & Michael Brook - Dance 09:09
    6 Nils Peter Molvaer - Song Of Sand 03:19
    7 DJ Cam / Miles Davis - In A Silent Way 04:16
    8 Talvin Singh - Jaan 05:52
    9 Tuu - Kalpa Taru 01:45
    10 Vibrasphere - Monsoon 03:08
    11 Sly and Robbie - Fatigue Chic 04:35
    12 Dub Tractor - w30 03:48
    13 Boards Of Canada - Telephasic Workshop 06:16
    14 Blue States - Arion 04:14
    15 Spring Heel Jack - Double Edge Dub 05:21
    16 Hatiras v J Majik - Spaced Invader 05:07

Forum Regular

Smile Here's a few...

I've just done this for Rick which I'm sending out soon to him

Tosca - Everyday, Everynight (6:07)
    Nitin Sawhney - Cold And Intimate (4:19)
    Alex Gopher - The Child (4:29)
    Goldfrapp - Hairy Trees (4:32)
    Lamb - Heaven (4:57)
    Air - Run (4:07)
    Thievery Corporation - Americka (5:38)
    Zero 7 - Somersault (6:52)
    Aromabar - Winter Pageant (3:33)
    Dzihan & Kamien - Thrill (4:41)
    Lemonjelly - Page One (9:00)
    Leftfield - Swords (4:05)
    Cartesian - Les Nuits (3:51)
    Bent - Welly Top Mary (6:25)
    Faithless - Angeline (1:40)
    Pilote - Turtle (4:43)

and here's some I made earlier from some Hedkandi comps

Santessa - Phased (4:14)
    Morcheeba - Moog Island (4:54)
    Millenia Nova - Beautiful (5:45)
    Nova Nova - Plaid (4:06)
    Llorca - The End (6:44)
    Fug - Ready For Us (7:08)
    Afterlife - Make Me Feel (6:05)
    Bent - Swollen (7:26)
    Morcheeba - Fear And Love (5:05)
    Nightmares On Wax - Les Nuits (6:18)
    Ballistic Brothers - Marching On (6:10)
    Kinobe - Slip Into? (5:00)
    Lux - Northern Lights (5:37)

Fused - Twisted (3:58)
    Llorca - The End (6:33)
    SiSe - The Rain (4:26)
    Urban Species - Blanket (5:35)
    The Nighthawks - Hornflakes & Diner (7:33)
    Afro-Mystik - Infinite Rhythm (6:55)
    Urban Dwellers - Trust Me (4:48)
    Afterlife - Breather (5:13)
    Muki - I Don't Want To Know (3:52)
    Lux - So La Ra Dsa (6:51)
    Snooze - Doremifa Girl (4:01)
    The Herbaliser - Moon Sequence (6:14)
    Tosca - Honey (5:51)
    Thievery Corporation - Lebanese Blonde (4:48)

and here's the original Talvin Singh Back To Mine comp which inspired Chris I believe, but he vastly improved it IMO. It's a shame he stopped making these comps they were the business. Impeccable choice of music and beautifully mixed together.

1. Weather Storm performed by Craig Armstrong - 5:57
    2. Dance performed by U. Srinivas / Michael Brook - 9:41
    3. Song of Sand II performed by Molvaer, Nils Petter - 3:51
    4. Delta performed by Higher Intelligence Agency - 5:17
    5. Cave of Angels performed by Dreadzone - 6:07
    6. Kabhi Unke Milan Ne performed by Swati Natekar - 4:34
    7. Om performed by Trilok Gurtu - 3:59
    8. Lost Blue Heaven performed by Photek - 2:11
    9. Kalpa Taru (Tree of Wishes) performed by TUU - 1:48
    10. Monsoon performed by Vibrasphere - 3:50
    11. Mali Dje performed by Toure, Ali Farka - 5:03
    12. W30 performed by Dub Tractor - 4:37
    13. After [At Jazz Remix] performed by dZihan & Kamien - 6:58
    14. Mustt, Mustt [Massive Attack Remix] - 4:34

Cheers
    Mike

Wow Mike that was quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    I've just done this for Rick which I'm sending out soon to him

Tosca - Everyday, Everynight (6:07)
    Nitin Sawhney - Cold And Intimate (4:19)
    Alex Gopher - The Child (4:29)
    Goldfrapp - Hairy Trees (4:32)
    Lamb - Heaven (4:57)
    Air - Run (4:07)
    Thievery Corporation - Americka (5:38)
    Zero 7 - Somersault (6:52)
    Aromabar - Winter Pageant (3:33)
    Dzihan & Kamien - Thrill (4:41)
    Lemonjelly - Page One (9:00)
    Leftfield - Swords (4:05)
    Cartesian - Les Nuits (3:51)
    Bent - Welly Top Mary (6:25)
    Faithless - Angeline (1:40)
    Pilote - Turtle (4:43)

Mike
    Looks very interesting Mike, nothing that I already own. I appreciate the effort and all the great suggestions from everyone!

Forum Regular
    i had no idea there were many fans of this music on this site. Usually everyones talking about prog(ew) and every once in a while theres an electronic/downtempo thread. Not much i can recommend already that hasnt, except maybe Hexstatic, Bonobo, Coldcut, Esthero, Lamb, Kid Loco, Slide Five(excellent), Brazilian Girls, DJ Food

Oh yea, MOON SAFARI is the best Air album, btw. Speaking of air, has anybody heard of these albums, i have them listed on my online music library, but they are not available for download(copyright issues i guess):

Air 1+2
    You 60.00
    All Along Air
    City Reading
    "Flouridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face."
    --Gen. Jack D. Ripper

Quote Originally Posted by MomurdA
    i had no idea there were many fans of this music on this site. Usually everyones talking about prog
    Everyone?
    Usually I just talk crap
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Been meaning to make a mix of some of these for myself. This thread got me off my ass to do it. Its actually burning rightn now. It was a quicky and I haven't listened to it yet, so not sure how all the tracks flow, but if you want one let me know...

LIttle Fluffy Clouds - The Orb
    Protection - Massive Attack
    Hell is Around the Corner - Tricky
    What Does Your Soul Look Like pt1 - DJ Shadow
    Sour Times - Portishead
    Le Soleil Est Pres de Mois - Air
    Pipes Honour - Nightmares on Wax
    Going Under (Evil Love & Insanity Dub) - Kruder & Dorfmeister
    1969 - Board of canada
    Cascade - Future Sounds of London
    We Are the Music makers - Aphex Twin
    Single - Everything but the Girl