Great 3 Piece Prog: Trespass

I ordered a CD by a band called Trespass because the blurb compared the keyboard player to Patrick Moraz, ex Yes and Moody Blues keyboardplayer, but more importantly, the creator of two classic prog bands, Mainhorse and Refugee.

This album, called In Haze of Time, did not disappoint. The band consists of Keyboardist Gil Stein, and a bass player and drummer. This album rocks in classic early '70s style, and does sound at times very Mainhorse influenced. This guy is a hell of a keyboard player, and is certainly worth checking out. No silly conept album here, but a great keyboard-driven band with an outstanding rhythm section. Even the vocals are pretty good, and certainly a lot stronger than Mainhorse.

Highly recommended, and one of the best prog albums I've heard in a long time.

sounds like it's right up my alley

Thanks for the rec, I enjoy the Mainhorse you sent me as well as liking Refugee, Moraz etc. That early 70's Hammond sound is the best.

Speaking of early 70's keywizards, have you heard any Trace ? That would be right in the pocket for ya, the keyboardist Rick van der Linden is stylistically similar to Rick Wakeman and every bit as good imo. I have their first S/T release and think it's great.

I know the name

Quote Originally Posted by richmon
    Thanks for the rec, I enjoy the Mainhorse you sent me as well as liking Refugee, Moraz etc. That early 70's Hammond sound is the best.

Speaking of early 70's keywizards, have you heard any Trace ? That would be right in the pocket for ya, the keyboardist Rick van der Linden is stylistically similar to Rick Wakeman and every bit as good imo. I have their first S/T release and think it's great.

But I don't think I have heard them. Of course, I may have heard them on a comp.

Thanks for the reco.

Thread Information