Forum Regular

Question Which Wharfedales for classical music?

And a Denon 1315R integrated amp.

Iīve narrowed my choices down to Wharfedale since their prices are very low here in Europe. I can have a pair of Diamond 9.6 for 400 euros and a pair of Evo 30 for 700 euros. I could go a bit higher than 700 euros, but I havenīt found any reviews about the Opus line so I donīt know if it is worth it. But people are very pleased with both Diamond 9.6 and Evo 30.

Iīm also open for other Wharfedales if they give me excellent sound for less money. My wife is also concerned about the sizes. We live in a small appartment so it would be fine if smaller speakers give the same audio quality.

My wife plays the piano and has Yamaha P80 digital piano that she is going to use with the speakers, as well as listening to various classical music.

So which Wharfedale do you think are best for me?
    Last edited by Willy S; 07-21-2005 at 07:58 PM.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    The Diamond Series models that i have heard are nice but I have not heard the 9 series. They seem a bit pricey.

Given the price range and your desire for classical music mainly I would take a look at the Audio Note AX Two standmount and the AZ Two Floorstanders. This is because you are in Europe and will probably be easier to find. Either speaker can be placed in a corner of a room for best results which can help save space. They are British company and made in Europe not the far east.

I have 14 year old Wharfedales and I've enjoyed mine over the years as well.

Forum Regular
    Thanks, but I cannot find them.

Forum Regular
    Anyone?

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Sorry I didn't realize you were only considering the Wharfedales. Unfortunately this is primarily an American and Canadian board and very few lines make it over here. My dealer only carires the Diamond 8 series and he's the only one that carries the Wharfedales in this province.

You will likely do better to post on the British forums such as hi-fi choice for info on Wharfedale. Mine are 14 years old and the company has been bought and sold twice since that time -- they are now owned by the same group that owns Mission and Quad. I would go to their web-site and find a dealer and go and audition them.

Forum Regular
    Ok, I will find some European forum for my question.

Forum Regular

wharfedale

The 9.6's are a fantastic speaker.....great review in the absolute asound for July. Detailed, imaging, deep precison bass, YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THE 9.6'S! Exellent!

Thread Information