AR Newbie Registered Member

monster vs belkin power center

I have some high power audio equipment ie 200 watt amps, preamp, 500 watt sub etc. I am debating between 2 power centers for my system . they are monster hts 5100 and the belkin PF 60. any one know which of the 2 is the better unit and which would give better results. can find them for about the same amount of money

Forum Regular
    Brand name and appearance. PureAV can be had for half of the price.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m500
    Brand name and appearance. PureAV can be had for half of the price.

I have been looking for info on this also, but have come up with nothing. Any other opinions here?

MCF
    Forum Regular

PureAV

is Belkin...just another label...and according to their website, no cheaper.

LMB
    Forum Regular
    Look Into Panamax 5100 At Least They Post Their Tech Specs

Forum Regular

panamax 4300

Quote Originally Posted by bertsummerkids
    I have some high power audio equipment ie 200 watt amps, preamp, 500 watt sub etc. I am debating between 2 power centers for my system . they are monster hts 5100 and the belkin PF 60. any one know which of the 2 is the better unit and which would give better results. can find them for about the same amount of money
    I have the panamax 4300 and it works fine for me, cost $180.00 and it looks very cool on the audio stand.

Forum Regular

Beware of Belkin

I have dealt with many belkin products in mass quantities and have been VERY disappointed. I am a Computer network engineer and deal with over 500 servers and 40,000 workstations in 45 school districts.
    It has been over a year that I opened a tech support case with them and have not heard back from them, I called to ask about my case number and was told someone would get back to me and they never did.
    Even if the product gets a good review beware of the quality your are going to get. I can't stress enough the problems I have had with Belkin. I could go through all the problems here and would go on for many pages so I will spare you the time.
    I hope you take this advice because I would hate for someone else to be burned by this horrible company..
    Greg
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    PSB Image T65
    PSB Image C60
    PSB Image S50
    Yamaha YST-SW1500
    Mitsubishi WS-55807
    Sony DVP-NC875V SACD
    Logitech Harmony 880
    Iriver Ihp-120 MP3 Player

Quote Originally Posted by HAVIC
    I have dealt with many belkin products in mass quantities and have been VERY disappointed. I am a Computer network engineer and deal with over 500 servers and 40,000 workstations in 45 school districts.
    It has been over a year that I opened a tech support case with them and have not heard back from them, I called to ask about my case number and was told someone would get back to me and they never did.
    Even if the product gets a good review beware of the quality your are going to get. I can't stress enough the problems I have had with Belkin. I could go through all the problems here and would go on for many pages so I will spare you the time.
    I hope you take this advice because I would hate for someone else to be burned by this horrible company..
    Greg
    Well i cant say that i had problems with belkin before but i do have a Pure AV HT power bar that i bought from home depot for $119 and I can honestly say it did improve my entire HT system!! I can even tell if my sub is on it or not!

Thread Information