Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Hershon

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar

Poor Hershon

How about everybody taking him under there wing and help more then what you've been doing. Some are not as up on this stuff as others and i've seen some of the wall answers and they havent been blasted like he has. Cant everybody just tell him they are sorry and start all over and give him all the years of info you have in that brain of your,somewhere.
    Look & Listen

cam
    he's not just under everyone's wing, he's under everyone's a$$. He has trolled so many questions and when he gets some advice (repeated advice from multiple posters) he gets all bent out of shape because we may not agree. I mean he has received good, honest replies, but noooo, he asks, we respond and then we get $hit on. I'm not sure but hershon might be a women? You might be trying to be the peace maker there shok(azulu) but come to think of it, you have caused alot of friction with some posters yourself. Just a thought. I guess I'm in the steel cage now so let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by cam
    he's not just under everyone's wing, he's under everyone's a$$. He has trolled so many questions and when he gets some advice (repeated advice from multiple posters) he gets all bent out of shape because we may not agree. I mean he has received good, honest replies, but noooo, he asks, we respond and then we get $hit on. I'm not sure but hershon might be a women? You might be trying to be the peace maker there shok(azulu) but come to think of it, you have caused alot of friction with some posters yourself. Just a thought. I guess I'm in the steel cage now so let's go.
    Everybody has caused some friction with others inc you. Wouldnt it just be the perfect would{or public forum} if we were all,well perfect. I'm starting to get the feeling its more of a few in here that are a nice little click and we'll just run this forum and if we like you,maybe we'll be nice. Hey,i'm on here for fun but more to learn because i know a lot less then more. Heck,i dont need a steel cage,it wouldnt last that long.
    Look & Listen

This site is all about passion

Sometimes passion leads to the dark side.

Forgiveness is our only hope.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    How about everybody taking him under there wing and help more then what you've been doing. Some are not as up on this stuff as others and i've seen some of the wall answers and they havent been blasted like he has. Cant everybody just tell him they are sorry and start all over and give him all the years of info you have in that brain of your,somewhere.
    I have been nice to him on many occassions. I have helped to answer many of his questions. When I start to get blasted from him for my answer that is where I draw the line. This is the common complaint that many people on here have with him and he needs to take a little responsibility for his actions and realize when he is wrong. I feel that he is incapable of realizing when he is wrong and taking any responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffKnob
    I have been nice to him on many occassions. I have helped to answer many of his questions. When I start to get blasted from him for my answer that is where I draw the line. This is the common complaint that many people on here have with him and he needs to take a little responsibility for his actions and realize when he is wrong. I feel that he is incapable of realizing when he is wrong and taking any responsibility.
    Thats fair.
    Look & Listen

Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffKnob
    I have helped to answer many of his questions. When I start to get blasted from him for my answer that is where I draw the line.
    Sometimes, if t he answer he gets doesn't confirm what he wants to believe, he gets a little, well, let's just say, ...testy.

He's made his own bed and now he has to lie in it. If you like him, fine, but as for myself, he's used up just about all the good will I can spare for any one person. ...perhaps several.

did he quit this forum or something? I could care less whether he did or not, just wondering.

Must be nice to have sh$t that doesnt stink.
    Look & Listen

He will get nothing from me again. The statement he made about the British really pissed me off. It really made it clear how much of a child he is.

On top of the fact he always dodges the tough questions. He has done this with me several times.

I have tried helping him out as annoying as he is. But the Brtish comment did it for me. What a complete a^&hole.

I missed the British one,what was it?
    Look & Listen

The thread was actually pulled. I came back the next day and it was gone. It was getting pretty nasty.

Someone was having an issue with there NAD receiver and stated that if the receiver was made in England that was the problem since the english where a bunch of friggin idiots.

I dont see his name in the member list anymore. Was he banned ?

Forum Regular

I Spoke to Hershon & He Thinks You People Are Hypocrites

I spoke to Hershon yesterday- I'm his brother & he basically reiterated that he considers most of you people total self righteous hypocrites. On all the posts that you say he got testy- he got testy because the poster which may include some of you on this thread, initially called him names like idiot & moron first not the other way around. Yet you chose to get angry at him for then responding in kind. What do you expect? Obviously none of you were raised on the streets of New York like Hershon. The people who crossed the line were you, not him.

In regards to his comments of the people in England, don't you think the word stereotype has some truth to it to begin with, or it wouldn't be called a stereotype. In Hershon's case he had lived in England 5 years and experienced the English life first hand. He then gave you an honest answer he felt, but some of you couldn't handle this and felt insulted. Yet it appears the people who felt insulted hadn't lived in England and experienced that form of life, yet chose to attack & be mad at Hershon for something you don't know might be true. I wonder who in fact is the ignorant one?

Stereotypes?

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardGein
    In regards to his comments of the people in England, don't you think the word stereotype has some truth to it to begin with, or it wouldn't be called a stereotype. In Hershon's case he had lived in England 5 years and experienced the English life first hand.
    What are you saying here? The stereotype for Brits is that they are all idiots? I can't say I've ever heard that one

Or is that just what yer brudda told ya?

Dunno, but from dealing with you two from the same family, I think I can pretty much define a stereoytype for your family. I'd say you both share equally in one wit.

Oh, BTW, I'm from Jersey, about 15 minutes outta da city. I've worked in da city. I still do on occasion. While Jersey and NY have some differences of opinions, yer brudda is a far, far bigger ahole than just about anyone I've ever dealt with from the city, and that includes on the roads to the shore on weekends.

On the whole, I much prefer Brits to you city boys, particularly those that use the fact they are from the city as an excuse to be obnoxious. Brits are on the whole more intelligent, refined, have a great sense of humor and open to new ideas. And, unlike New Yorkers, are less likely to prejudge others based on their geographic origins.

In closing, next time you drive on our roads, remember that the left lane is for passing, not for simply cruising at or below the speed limit, OK?

Gee,i've never been to the NY area,sounds like loads of fun. Couldnt be worst then SoCal.
    Look & Listen

Forum Regular
    I was referring to the meaning of the word stereotype by itself. Hershon did not mean to imply that all British people were stupid & idiots etc., just that generally people he met in London tended to fall into this category by his perception. Stereotype is when you tend to generalize about a group of people. If there would be nothing to generalize them for in the first place the term stereotype would not exist. Just because something is a stereotype, it doesn't mean its not true.

On behalf of Hershon he only mentioned this in context to a post that said NAd was releasing products to the public with some defects on them. Hershon said you said this not him, he personally had never heard of this until the poster started a thread on this and he then gave backround for why this possibly could have happened if it happened at all. Namely NAD was an English company & gave his views of the indifference in attitude he encountered with the English people he had while living there which could account as to how something with defects (the posters term) could be released. He wasn't trying to insult the English people but try to explain to the poster why something like that, if it happened at all, could possibly have happened. For that the self righteous politically correct people thought it was their role to castigate Hershon.

Forum Regular
    Nobody "castigated" your brother -- he flagrently violated the forum's rules and got his pee-pee whacked. IMO opinion, he went far beyond what others on this forum have done when he characterized an entire people as "idiots." He practically asked to be removed so he has no one to blame but himself.

If you think that folks who take exception to bigoted comments like his are self-righteous and politically correct then so be it. You are entitled to your opinion.

cam
    I was referring to the meaning of the word stereotype by itself. Hershon did not mean to imply that all British people were stupid & idiots etc., just that generally people he met in London tended to fall into this category by his perception. Stereotype is when you tend to generalize about a group of people. If there would be nothing to generalize them for in the first place the term stereotype would not exist. Just because something is a stereotype, it doesn't mean its not true.

On behalf of Hershon he only mentioned this in context to a post that said NAd was releasing products to the public with some defects on them. Hershon said you said this not him, he personally had never heard of this until the poster started a thread on this and he then gave backround for why this possibly could have happened if it happened at all. Namely NAD was an English company & gave his views of the indifference in attitude he encountered with the English people he had while living there which could account as to how something with defects (the posters term) could be released. He wasn't trying to insult the English people but try to explain to the poster why something like that, if it happened at all, could possibly have happened. For that the self righteous politically correct people thought it was their role to castigate Hershon.
    Hey Edward, you are Hershon. All of a sudden Hershon is gone and you pop up right in his place. I think it was Nabstentia that figured it out on another thread. I see you have orb speakers from your profile, I bet you have a Denon 3801 aswell, or did Hershon just lend them to you.

Forum Regular

Bigotry is not necessarily a Bad Thing

My brother and I are very close and we think the same. You seem to think that Hershon is a bigot and you are not. Well, when you ascertain whether or not to buy products in a store like your stereo system as opposed to a brand you may not have heard of, you sir are bigoted too. Same with whether you'll take advice from a chain store salesman and that of a high end store salesman. You will not regard the chain stores salesman with the same way you do the high end store's salesman. Bigotry comes in all forms. There may be valid reasonableness behind bigotry. Should a person be condemned for that. For instance, in all likelyhood if you ran a company and you needed to have little or no margin of error in your product, would you hire a mentally retarded person do do that job? I think not. So you are being bigoted to the mentally retarded person. Alot of you dismissed Herson's Orb speakers because you were bigoted to satellite speakers. So how are you any different than Hersho?. We're all bigoted in different ways and forms. Again, if you call someone bigotted for saying something about something he experienced and you did not, how do you know he was wrong. Ultimately is it better to say the truth and be called a bigot for it or to tell lies and be called a humanitarian.

Why dont you just give it up Edward we know your Hershon.

As I read through your posts and noticed the spat you had with N Abstentia about 5 channel not being processed sound I knew this was you. You are wrong by the way. 5 channel stereo is processed.

Its so damn frustrating that you just cant except certain facts. Especially when someone is right and you are wrong. People have a right to take you to task on things especially when your wrong. Instead of biting back, why dont you be the classier man and just stand corrected or ignore the nasty and except youre wrong sometimes. Even if it gets personal stand tall and dont sink to there level. Even if your entitled to your opinion you can still be wrong.

The other ironic thing is how you dodge questions. I asked how you think adding a sub to a system is casuing the sound to be processed and you avoided the question like you do alot of things. Very irritating when people are giving you sound advice and trying to help you. This is just one example of a few.

Think about what youre saying and use some tact when you speak. Dont just make blanket PERSONAL statements against people.

Another thing. Pick up a book and make an attempt to educate yourself on the technology your using.

Forum Regular
    Edward - Don't apply your warped, silly logic to me. If you read each and every one of my posts, you'll not find one post wherein I said an ill word about Hershon, or anyone else for that matter -- up until the thread in which he launched a gratuitous and completely unnecessary attack on the Brits. Moreover, I never said Hershon was a bigot. What I said was that he made a bigoted comment. True, we all have prejudices. Most of us, however, have enough common sense to keep them to ourselves. It's not a matter of "saying the truth"; it's a matter of tact and diplomacy. It's a matter of how to interact with others in an adult fashion. It's a matter of choosing carefully one's words. It's a matter of making an honest effort to follow forum rules.

You know, all of us at times make intemperate, thoughtless remarks. Most of us have enough maturity to recognize it when we do and have the decency to retract the remark. After folks questioned his comment, had Hershon said, "I really didn't mean that all people from England are idiots; what I was trying to say is that, in my experience, the culture of the English is such that they tend to have an indifferent attitude toward quality control," nothing would have happened. Hershon would be here on this forum as we speak.

Just because he lived in England for five years doesn't confer any special dispensation from making insulting remarks about the English. Whatever bad experiences he had there, doesn't entitle him to make these kinds of remarks in a public forum -- not without consequences. You say he was not trying to insult the English. Well, trust me -- he was insulting them. If you can't see that calling people from England idiots is insulting to them, then frankly there's no hope for you.

And what does Hershon's having been raised on the streets of New York have to do with anything. Do you think that gives him some special license to be caustic or rude?

What a coincidence.

My brother and I are very close and we think the same.
    I'll say. I appears you both have exactly the same setup.

"I attribute this to my set up: Denon 3801 receiver, Orb Audio 5 speaker & Sub Mod 1 set & Harmon Kardon 31 DVD player connected to the receiver by optic cable."

Theat quote from post 24 in this thread backs that up: old cd's sound bad

Give it up Hersh/Ed. You might as well come clean. You're cover's been blown sky high by your own ego. It takes a real mensch to admit when they are wrong.

Get a new moniker and try again, but try to play nice this time. And, most of all, quit lying. Nobody likes or trusts a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmit
    Nobody "castigated" your brother -- he flagrently violated the forum's rules and got his pee-pee whacked. IMO opinion, he went far beyond what others on this forum have done when he characterized an entire people as "idiots." He practically asked to be removed so he has no one to blame but himself.

If you think that folks who take exception to bigoted comments like his are self-righteous and politically correct then so be it. You are entitled to your opinion.
    He went far beyond what others on this forum have done? How much crap is that.
    Look & Listen

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    He went far beyond what others on this forum have done? How much crap is that.
    You know shokhead, you may be right. What I should have said is that he went far beyond what I have read others have written on this forum. I've only been on the forum a little over a year and certainly haven't read every thread in every section. I'll change my statement to say he went far beyond what I have read others on this forum have written. Does that meet with your approval?

Approval approved.
    Look & Listen

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information