Who else is digging the new Hold Steady

I just got a chance to hear Seperation Sunday last night for the first time and the more I listen, the better it gets. The vocals and a bit odd and nasally, so I can see that some folks may not like it, but there's tons of high energy rock with some great guitar riffs. The lyrics really strike a chord with me, kinda one of those records where you see friends pass along the way while you're listening. I see they have an earlier one that I missed out on. Anybody hear it and have any comparisons to the new one? Anyone else really liking this? Sorry if I missed others' posts on this. I don't always pay the best attention.

I have no idea at all what in the L you're talking about. New Hold Steady? Didn't know there was an old Hold Steady. Guess I need to get with the times.

The real reason I"m posting to the thread is to let you know that the Eagle has landed. I say again, the Eagle has landed. Many thanks to you and the Eagle, which will be put to good use within the hour!

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Thread Information