Utmostjamin1

Dire Straits Brothers in Arms SACD

Anyone going to Order the 20th anniversery release of Dire Straits Brothers in Arms when it comes out? i just ordered it from CD-WOW. 19 dollars delivered.
    I remember when this disc first came out on CD the sound quality was great.
    hoping the SACD version is greater

Never cared all that much for it myself, much preferring the early stuff, but it sure was huge and should be a big release for hi-rez. Funny though, because technically it isn't even a hi-rez recording unless they found an analog backup stashed someplace

Hope you used one of the discount coupons always floating around for cd-wow. Here's a $2 discount I posted in a BIA thread last month that still looks to be good.....http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...03#post1045403. Supposed to finally be released next week, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Never cared all that much for it myself, much preferring the early stuff, but it sure was huge and should be a big release for hi-rez. Funny though, because technically it isn't even a hi-rez recording unless they found an analog backup stashed someplace

Hope you used one of the discount coupons always floating around for cd-wow. Here's a $2 discount I posted in a BIA thread last month that still looks to be good.....http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...03#post1045403. Supposed to finally be released next week, right?

I ordered it this morning, but I believe you hit the nail on the head. Wasn't BIA a true DDD disc, thus there are no master recordings w/ a higher than 48.8 bitrate? I mean, it's a great sounding recording and I'm surround the surround mix will sound awesome, but all of the reviews I have read fail to mention this 'little' flaw that consumers will surely pick up on!

Thread Information