how to remove amp from subwoofer?

I had this problem with my Velodyne CHT-12 having an annoying resonating sound when playing 60hz or 120hz test tones, and randomly shutting off. Velodyne determined it was the amp and told me to unscrew it and ship it to them. How do i go about doing this?

Thanks,

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Take a screw driver and unscrew all the screws that are holding the amp in.
    Note, some of the screws might be used to keep the plate amp and the gasket seal tight, unscrewing these will open the plate amp up, not release it from the cabinet.. the screws you want to remove are generally on the outside perimeter.
    Don' worry, there's not much you can screw up.

You should have the sub face down if possible, with the woofer pointing towards the floor (use blocks, ,or books or something so the woofer doesn't come into contact) and the amp facing up. Lift the amp - sometimes it needs a lot of force to unseal the gasket.

BE CAREFUL. Often the leads from the amp to the woofer aren't very long and have almost no slack. If you find this to be the case and cannot undo the cable leads (which are almost always connected at the back of the woofer only), you will have to remove the woofer as well to make room. Screw the amp back in for the time being.
    Unscrew the woofer screws (carefully without punching a hole in the woofer), and remove the woofer by the outer rim. Don't touch the cone. Place the woofer somewhere safe for the time being.

Most woofers use spring clips or quick disconnects. DON'T break the terminals on the woofer!

It's really not that hard, but keep kids and pets away while you're doing this...and make sure the thing is unplugged.

thanks,i'll give this a try.

Also, do you think if i dont do anything about it, that i will have major problems later on, given the symptoms its having now?

actually turns out that its my desk that's resonating lol. good thing i didnt take the sub apart

Thread Information