Forum Regular

For Sale!!!!

Hey people I have NEVER sold anything on line before and I need some advice. I want to sell my MTX towers as well as my Paradigm cc-170 v.3, Titans v.3. They all are in a ash black finish and have only been used for less than 3 months and are in excellent condition. If I sell on ebay does it cost anything to place an ad? Does ebay get part of the money? Are the auctions different than the classified ads? How about Audiogon? Cost anything for an ad there? Do they get part of the money? Are there any other places that I can place an ad that is like for free? Please let me know. Thank you for your time.
    Phil
    F: MTX AAL 212B Towers
    C: Paradigm CC-170 v.3
    R: Paradigm Titans v.3
    S: Paradigm PS-1000 v.4
    RCA 27" Widescreen HDTV w/DVI
    Z-Lines TV Stand
    Samsung HD DVD-841 w/DVI
    Yamaha RXV-650 95X7 rms and YPAO
    Esoteric Cables

Forum Regular
    If you place an ad on Ebay they will charge you a small insertion fee....a few dollars. If your item sells, they will charge you a Final Value Fee, which in your case would amount to about 8 %. Go to Ebay and click on SELL , it will show you what the fees are.

There is a Craigslist in Lexington, KY (don't know if you live near there). It is free to place an ad and you might be able to sell to someone locally. You would place an ad in the ELECTRONICS section.

www.craigslist.com

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Audioreview.com classified are free

Quote Originally Posted by oddeoowphil38
    Hey people I have NEVER sold anything on line before and I need some advice. I want to sell my MTX towers as well as my Paradigm cc-170 v.3, Titans v.3. They all are in a ash black finish and have only been used for less than 3 months and are in excellent condition. If I sell on ebay does it cost anything to place an ad? Does ebay get part of the money? Are the auctions different than the classified ads? How about Audiogon? Cost anything for an ad there? Do they get part of the money? Are there any other places that I can place an ad that is like for free? Please let me know. Thank you for your time.
    Phil
    You'll even be allowed to post a link to them here. Please, no outright selling on the Forums though.

Audiogon.com is $4 to place an ad.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Forum Regular
    Sorry Geoff was not trying to sell my stuff here. Just trying to learn more about how to place an ad and where. I have not ever done so in the past. may give it a try and see if it works.

Thread Information