Forum Regular

velodyne fsr 18 ????

I just bought a velodyne fsr -18 for $750. I just want to know if I got a good deal or not.Buy the way this sub is awsome. I upgraded from a sunfire MKII that had to work really hard to do half of what this sub can do.Not to put the sunfire down because I liked my tiny monster but I needed something bigger that would'nt have to work as hard to make the same sound. thanks

Forum Regular

Maybe I'd take pity on you and take it off your hands!

Quote Originally Posted by dontbhatin01
    I just bought a velodyne fsr -18 for $750. I just want to know if I got a good deal or not.Buy the way this sub is awsome. I upgraded from a sunfire MKII that had to work really hard to do half of what this sub can do.Not to put the sunfire down because I liked my tiny monster but I needed something bigger that would'nt have to work as hard to make the same sound. thanks
    Enjoy!
    "Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony."
    ------Heraclitus of Ephesis (fl. 504-500 BC), trans. Wheelwright.

Forum Regular
    Thanks I will !

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

That's a real good buy!

Quote Originally Posted by dontbhatin01
    Velodyne set the bar for subwoofers with the F series, and although a few years old now, the FSR series can still hold it's own with the best you can get today.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

I think velodyne just makes some good subwoofers. I picked up a VA-907.2 brand new about 10 years ago for $500 (at circuit city of all places). I was really impressed by it and am still very impressed by it for what it is.

This is a compact sub with a somewhat tough 8" forward firing driver and a 10" downward firing passive radiator. It has a 100 watt RMS, 250 watt peak class A/B amp, and it sounds great. Considering its size and driver size it really puts out some powerful bass, and more importantly tight clean bass. I was impressed how it blew away my 10" ported JBL sub it replaced (again a decade ago) with horrid heavy metal bass (Pantera and the like) that I think is nothing more than noise today. I soon learned its versitility with its great sound with upright bass, listening to Jazz compilations such as Bill Evans, Coltrane, Mccoy Tyner, and others. It even produces some decent explosions with movies, though it obviously excells more with music, without having the true authority with movies as 12" or larger subs.

You got yourself a great sub I am sure (never listened to one, but I wish I owned any of the FSR models, always thought the idea of two FSR-10's would be kinda slick).
    Borders
    Language
    Culture

Thread Information