it's about the music

change in hearing??

i've had my system for about 2 years now and it has been under heavy use, so i know it is more than broken in enough. as of lately i've been noticing that bass seems a lot more boomy than it used to. I mean i know the system is crap, but hey if i haven't relocated the sub or the speakers, how come the sound has changed??
    is it that suddenly i hear differently?
    Cheers!
    I remember the days when I thought 128kbps sounded great and had never spent more than 10 bucks on cables...

Lightbulb change in hearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom
    i've had my system for about 2 years now and it has been under heavy use, so i know it is more than broken in enough. as of lately i've been noticing that bass seems a lot more boomy than it used to. I mean i know the system is crap, but hey if i haven't relocated the sub or the speakers, how come the sound has changed??
    is it that suddenly i hear differently?
    Cheers!
    Please list your system to see if any members has the same problem than you .Did you crank it to the limit for a long time or do you need to reset it ?Pat.P

it's about the music
    Its a Panasonic DT-300 home cinema system. I use the 2-channel setting (no crappy multichannel, thanx) which routes the lower freqs to the sub.
    the incresed bass appears no matter whether i'm playing vinyl, CDs on the system's dvd player, CDs on an external lower end sony CDP or mp3's through the computer.
    nope i havent cranked it up for a long time. I dont usually play my music too loud, and never, EVER at the point where it starts to distort...
    cheers!
    I remember the days when I thought 128kbps sounded great and had never spent more than 10 bucks on cables...

music fanatic
    check to see if you have an adjustable crossover freq. on your reciever settings. you may be sending more info than you want to the sub

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    well...are you starting to gain weight and lose your hair? Maybe growing some in your ears? Could be your entering middle age...

Forum Regular
    Buy an SPL meter. Once you've graphed a freq response, you can always go back to see what's changed.

David

Forum Regular
    I've noticed that sometimes I have had the same problem,but nothing has changed it seems that the way I like the music I listen to, some times changes. Maby this has hapened to you.

Thread Information