AR Newbie Registered Member

which sv sub? svs sub?

I am going to upgrade my current sub and I have decided to go with an SVS sub. But there are so many options that I have no idea which one to get. I have pretty much decided to go with a dual-sub setup. What is the big difference between the PCi and the PC-Plus? Another key question is are the tubes alot better than their boxes? Would a PB12-Plus/2 perform nearly as well as 2 PC-Plus subs? And what about getting the unpowered versions? It seems like it would be cheaper to get 2 CS Plus subs with an external amp. Sorry for all the questions.

Well i have no clue about SVS subs, but 2 subs will not give you any louder volume. they will smoothen out the response but also will give you headaches with there waves canceling each other out. I had 2 subs in my old HT, and loved it but they were picky on placment.

BTW. What made you choose the SVS?
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

AR Newbie Registered Member
    I chose the svs subs because of their overwhelming good reviews from many top audiophile websites. From the reviews I have read the svs cannot be beat in the under $2000 price range. I agree that a multiple sub setup will be tricky which is why I am leaning towards their PB12-Plus/2 model which incorporates two 12" woofers in a single cabinet.

IRG

I don't understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Well i have no clue about SVS subs, but 2 subs will not give you any louder volume. they will smoothen out the response but also will give you headaches with there waves canceling each other out. I had 2 subs in my old HT, and loved it but they were picky on placment.

BTW. What made you choose the SVS?
    Just a question, but why won't 2 subs, vs 1 not offer more volume? This seems counterintuitive to me. If they are powered subs, let's say 200 watts each, and if I have two hooked up to my receiver (I have 2 sub inputs on my NAD) wouldn't there be twice the volume as before - or at least more volume? I always thought that with larger rooms, when people are told to use 2 subs, it is because 1 won't be loud enough in a room this size. Conversely if 2 subs are used in a small/med room it might be too much volume. Anyway, just curious if you could explain this to me, or anyone else for that matter. Thanks.

Thread Information