Thread: great new band

great new band

or at least, i'm enthralled by their new single, and can't get enough of it. they're a local Boston band, so may not be getting airplay elsewhere in the country, called Dear Leader. led by the former leader of the Sheila Divine, who i guess i missed out on, but if they were anything like this, i'll be checking out their back catalog.

anyway, the new single is called Raging Red, and it sounds like it could have come straight out of the eighties' underground scene. big guitars, catchy choruses, hooks galore. so if you're a fan of that era, and you get a chance, check them out.

i've only heard the one song, and already have tickets to see them next month. haven't been this excited about a new band in maybe a decade.

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by rufus
    or at least, i'm enthralled by their new single, and can't get enough of it. they're a local Boston band, so may not be getting airplay elsewhere in the country, called Dear Leader. led by the former leader of the Sheila Divine, who i guess i missed out on, but if they were anything like this, i'll be checking out their back catalog.

anyway, the new single is called Raging Red, and it sounds like it could have come straight out of the eighties' underground scene. big guitars, catchy choruses, hooks galore. so if you're a fan of that era, and you get a chance, check them out.

i've only heard the one song, and already have tickets to see them next month. haven't been this excited about a new band in maybe a decade.

...check dis out, den: http://www.dear-leader.com/

Opening for Wonder Stuff, eh? Thanks for the tip.

fp

thanks for the link. if you let the popup ad load, there are links to four songs that will play, including Raging Red.

actually, it's not that show, i'm seeing them may 14th at TT the Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus

This band also contains the former drummer of Orbit, an AMAZING Boston band.
    I saw Dear Leader play in NYC a few years ago, I'll be sure to check them out again soon.

Forum Regular

Fyi

The Sheila Divine is pretty good. I only have one of their albums, The New Parade, but it's worth having in my collection. One song in particular, "Opportune Moment" is really something. You can't imagine my shock when I actually saw their name on here. I thought I was the only one who knew about them.
    Mike

Thread Information