Kam

Movies you just can't make yourself buy.

Ok, am a lil bored waiting for my next assignment at work here (the day job) so was surfing around the circuitcity, bestbuy, deepdiscountdvd, buy, ebay, half, etc. websites, and found i placed a few movies in my carts and got to the checkout and then just couldn't justify buying them, no matter how cheap they were and as much as i really do like the movies and watch them whenever they are on cable, etc. I've bought worse movies for more money, and have found these ones for rather cheap (i.e. under $10) for the most part and still just something inside me said, nope, you shouldn't buy them. It's happenned several times with the same movies and even when i try and sneak them in with new purchases, i remove them from the cart or drop em back off in the checkout line.

Was curious if this was just a kam-only phenomenon or if anyone else has this pre-buying-buyer's remorse? maybe i need to go back to 'crazy-be-gone' school, i haven't learned any lessons yet.

peace
    k2
    /create

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    OK, here are some I can't/couldn't bring myself to buy:

Logan's Run and The Omega Man - saw these on tv as a kid and they left lasting impressions. What happens if I watch them now?

I know my entire collection of Eurotrash horror films on VHS needs to be updated to dvd, but where do I start?

I started to collect the "Space: 1999" episodes on dvd. I procrastinated after the first 3-disc set and now I can't find them at the usual places!

I'm sure there are other examples, but I refuse to go on until Kam reveals some of the titles that he really wants but just can't bring himself to buy.

Forum Regular
    Mine would have to be V,loved the series when I was a kid but just cant get to checkout with it

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by umapet97
    Mine would have to be V,loved the series when I was a kid but just cant get to checkout with it
    Plus 1
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Kam

woops! forgot the titles.

Two Days in the Valley (longest running movie i have placed in shopping cart only to be removed at the last instance, enjoy it to no end, just can't buy it)
    True Romance SE (i have the normal version and so pissed they didnt announce the se version earlier)
    What About Bob? (have watched this everytime its on tbs, brilliant movie... 'baby steps... baby steps.' just can't buy it)
    Batman (keaton version, really enjoyed this one, inspite of changing the original batman mythos and the best bruce wayne/batman to date, although am curious how christian bale will be, although the original version with adam west is just way too much fun, brilliant and ya can't beat a villanous team containing cesar romero and burgess meredith!)
    /create

Talking There are a few I just can't pull the trigger on...

I want but can't justify...

1. Conan the Destroyer - Much as I loved the original, can't justify the sequel.

2. Star Trek Movies 1-7 - While I bought the entire series of ST Deep Space Nine, these movies were just too hit and miss for me.

3. Star Wars IV-VI - I was just going to plunk down my scheckles for these when I found out that Georgie Boy did some re-editing of the story. Frack him!!!

4. Saving Private Ryan - I've seen the movie about 3 times and while I find it compelling the graphic nature of the violence was such that watching it brought back way too many bad memories. I served so that others would not have to see such things, such horrors, why would I buy them to view over and over.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...

Da Worfster

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I gotta few:

1) All them Kevin Smith flicks, Clerks, Mall Rats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, J&SB Strike Back, etc

2) Braveheart

3) Indiana Jones

4) The Mask of Zoro...as much as I love Catherine Zeta Jones...oh baby!

5) JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    I served so that others would not have to see such things, such horrors

Da Worfster
    thank you, Worf

Forum Regular
    Yes, Worf. Thanks. Mine would have to be the Die Hard flicks. Great sound, plenty of action. They've just been on cable sooo much!

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Back to the Future 1-3
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

No baggie da....

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    thank you, Worf
    As they used to say.. pigeon Namese for "no big deal". I appreciate the thanks but there's kids out there that need them more'n I do right now, send a few thoughts their way every now and then...

Da Worfster

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    As they used to say.. pigeon Namese for "no big deal". I appreciate the thanks but there's kids out there that need them more'n I do right now, send a few thoughts their way every now and then...

Da Worfster
    Will do...a national guard battallion from our area just returned from a year-long deployment including 5 members of our church. Needless to say standing ovations were in order.

Thread Information