Thread: Zzzzzzzzzzz

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Will somebody please wake me up when my AMG page is finished loading? Thanks.

Forum Regular
    I don't like the new format at all. It's too slow and you have to register now to take advantage of the site.

What was wrong with the old AMG that they had to go and "improve" it?

While you're waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    http://www.cmj.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/022379.html

fp

I was going to add my comments to your link until....

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    I saw the "Kerry" ad at the bottom. That got me running away as fast as a Whoopie Goldberg comedy sketch (if you call what she does "comedey"), A Michael Moore
    fiction movie, or a Linda Ronstadt concert. Yikes! Help Mr. Wizard! Get me out of here!

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    I saw the "Kerry" ad at the bottom. That got me running away as fast as a Whoopie Goldberg comedy sketch (if you call what she does "comedey"), A Michael Moore
    fiction movie, or a Linda Ronstadt concert. Yikes! Help Mr. Wizard! Get me out of here!

Swish
    Maybe that's why I like the place.

fp
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah

I went to the Marillion page to see who was playing on one of their albums, and that information is no longer available. You just a list of all the players whoever played for the band. Unless I'm missing something. They've created a site that is clearly geared to revenue generation, which is fine. But in doing so, I think they've lost something like customer ease of use. Too bad.

Suspended

Fa

I hope you can keep this just between the two of us, I think I love you. I have always dreamed of a girl who loved music and audio as much as myself. I pictured my dream girl and I snuggling on the duel Lazy Boy reveling in the sweet spot, spending time together at the audio stores, taking long walks through the music and movie isles hand in hand. We could have romantic dinners, not by candlelight, but by the subtle glow of the displays on our audio gear.
    What do you think of a Plasma TV mounted on the ceiling above the bed with a subwoofer under the bed?

Do you feel the same way, check __YES or __NO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I hope you can keep this just between the two of us, I think I love you. I have always dreamed of a girl who loved music and audio as much as myself. I pictured my dream girl and I snuggling on the duel Lazy Boy reveling in the sweet spot, spending time together at the audio stores, taking long walks through the music and movie isles hand in hand. We could have romantic dinners, not by candlelight, but by the subtle glow of the displays on our audio gear.
    What do you think of a Plasma TV mounted on the ceiling above the bed with a subwoofer under the bed?

Do you feel the same way, check __YES or __NO

Yes. YES. OHHHHHHHHH. YES!!!

Why don't you two get a room already!

Yes. YES. OHHHHHHHHH. YES!!!
    Thanks,

Swisheroo
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Thanks,

Swisheroo
    Hey Swishy... Got a cigarette?

the future is here

progfan said:
    What was wrong with the old AMG that they had to go and "improve" it?
    It's a sign of the times web walkers. What was once a totaly free medium is becoming "not so free and easy" anymore... at least the ads are starting to tilt the landscape that way little by little. Television was once totally free too, but most people today pay for basic cable, and many pay for premium TV. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since "free TV" commercials can be incredible wastes of time, but it IS kinda sad.

Most newspapers now want you to register... some are easy (NYTimes) with minimum demographic info... others want so much personal crap they end up cutting their own throats. Many papers I don't even bother to click on anymore.

MP3.com, which was a great free site, eventually was gobbled up, changed, and gonzo. It was one of the best sites for just surfing around as pure fun... clicking in say, "Sydney Austrailia" or "Des Moines" and having a page of a hundred bands in a dozen types of music, with a thousand music cuts free to listen to. Many were on the amateur side, but many were damn good. I think it's back in [i]some]/i] reincarnation, but I haven't been there in a dog's age. It's essentially history.

Just as sad is the way virus's and worms are ruining the web. And the big boys sit by while their medium is being ruined. Fred Langa recently conducted a test with tens of thousands of people and found 40% of e-mails don't get deliverd because many ISPs filter them into the trash simply based on the ISP company. Imagine if the Post Office worked like that... insane.

And this site itself is one of the biggest pains in the ass to navigate. It's one reason I've stayed away in recent months. The active-x and code wrapper it uses is unbelievably user unfriendly. And I can't imagine how much worse it is for those with dial ups.

I'd guess that AMG's "new business model" is designed to keep the site from disappearing in the ether. And if they now have audio samples (? haven't been there myself since they changed) they're going to need even more bandwidth to pay for. Ah, the good old days.

And oh, Peaboy... go take a shower.
    You don't know... jack

How about a cigar instead?

Hey Swishy... Got a cigarette?
    I gave up the cancer sticks years ago. Besides, cigars last much longer. :-p

Swish Baby

Suspended

aaaaaaa......

You's guys leave us alone! You're just jealous.

Thread Information