Thread: So long, RR.

So long, RR.

I've decided to take a break and discontinue my Internet service. I feel I would become a better person, and I could relearn how to interact with real human beings, face to face. You know, at concerts and monster truck rallies.

I don't know what prompted that, but in a quest to keep the titles of the posts interesting and so you couldn't read the first couple of lines of my post without clicking on it, I now present The Killers' disc, Hot Fuss.

I saw this CD in Target (pronounced Tar-jay for you snobbish types), and picked it up because it was only $6.98 (only. I have to work an hour to earn that $6.98). I thought I'd never heard them, but when I got to the car and popped it in the ol' Audiovox, I realized that I had heard Somebody Told Me from somewheres, and actually liked it. The rest of the disc was very cool, reminding me of Bowie, Elefant, Duran Duran and many, many others, all tossed up in the air and landing as a congealed platter of pop. Sometimes airy and spacey, other times hard-rocking, glam-like, simplistic, complicated, and poppy. Good musicians (bass & drums esp.), lots of keyboards and flypaper-sticky hooks make this a fun and engaging listen.

Joe Bob gives it 2 thumbs up, especially if you can get it for $6.98 ($21.98 CN ).

elf pee

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar

So sorry to see you go

It really sucks when one of the contributing members of this community resolves to leave it for purely empathetic reasons.

And no, I don't know what that word means.

Seriously, sounds good, I'll have to pick it up. Although I'm never in Target. You think it'll be cheap anywhere else?
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Forum Regular

Killers - great album

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    I realized that I had heard Somebody Told Me from somewheres, and actually liked it. The rest of the disc was very cool, reminding me of Bowie, Elefant, Duran Duran and many, many others, all tossed up in the air and landing as a congealed platter of pop. Sometimes airy and spacey, other times hard-rocking, glam-like, simplistic, complicated, and poppy. Good musicians (bass & drums esp.), lots of keyboards and flypaper-sticky hooks make this a fun and engaging listen.
    elf pee
    Didn't I include a track from my 'best of 2004 - so far' comp shame on me if I didn't, a few folks round here like the album. They are from Vegas I believe but have spent a lot of time in the UK this last year.

Cheers
    Mike

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    I've decided to take a break and discontinue my Internet service. I feel I would become a better person, and I could relearn how to interact with real human beings, face to face. You know, at concerts and monster truck rallies.
    Should I warn the authorities?

Forum Regular
    Gary,

you are a sick, sick man.

At least go to the damn library and post.

Dave

Thread Information