Your skin is black metallic

What a knockout Friday song of the day. I can remember playing this song over and over in the 90s way back, and it didn't stop, still winds up on infinite repeat. Those first two Catherine Wheel records kind of define a space in time for me. And "Black Metallic" from Ferment, what a song, those waves of guitars washing over your head, colorful textures dancing in your eyes, cryptic lyrics through your ears, and then comes the otherwordly effects-drenched solo, followed by the come down, then the big finish... pretty much the perfect prescription.

Chrome is probably my favorite overall these days, but "Black Metallic" is one of the best "hit singles" from the 90s, and it really wouldn't be hard to argue that the Ferment debut is the best of the two, though that would miss the point. Both essential listens in my world. If you need a reminder, flac in sig.

I would have to say...

...pity click. But seriously, nobody had a comment about this band? I really dig Chrome but don't have this record, My best bud Bob probably has it, so I guess I'll have to ask to 'borrow' it.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

I'm absolutely in agreement, Chrome is the best overall but Black Metallic is a fantastic song. I've absolutely had this thing cranking and washing over me in let's just say a less than completely rational frame of mind. Maybe a month or so ago I went on a binge and played those first two records a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    nobody had a comment about this band?.
    Nobody did comment.

get it?
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Thread Information