Question re: the new Dream Theater disc

Who are the cover songs by? I know one is by the Dixie Dregs, but who's the rest by?

Yes, I'm too lazy to look for it.

Thanks.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Who are the cover songs by? I know one is by the Dixie Dregs, but who's the rest by?

Yes, I'm too lazy to look for it.

Thanks.
    You know, I've had this disk since the week it came out and haven't spun the covers yet. I think that one of them is a Zebra tune.

That's all I know. Which amounts to nothing.

BTW Feeeeeeench. There's a new Tree Disgrace seedy being released on Tuesday. You can hear the first single here. I've heard it, it's more of the same...only not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    You know, I've had this disk since the week it came out and haven't spun the covers yet. I think that one of them is a Zebra tune.

That's all I know. Which amounts to nothing.

BTW Feeeeeeench. There's a new Tree Disgrace seedy being released on Tuesday. You can hear the first single here. I've heard it, it's more of the same...only not as good.
    Thanks. I'm not able to hear things at work (some people may argue that I never could hear anything), due to the speakers/headphones not being hooked up.

Wonder if PT & 3DG would ever hook up. They could be called Porcupine Tree Day's Grace?

Nah.

Suspended
    I know I wish I had bought this when it came out it's now $5.00 more. One cover is Rainbow's and another is Rush. If we keep adding we'll have them soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I know I wish I had bought this when it came out it's now $5.00 more. One cover is Rainbow's and another is Rush. If we keep adding we'll have them soon
    Huh? I didn't see a Rush song on there I recognized (by title), are you sure?

Edit: I shoulda known- Wikipedia's got the info.

1. "Stargazer" Ronnie James Dio, Ritchie Blackmore Rainbow 8:10
    2. "Tenement Funster" / "Flick of the Wrist" / "Lily of the Valley" Freddie Mercury, Roger Taylor Queen 8:17
    3. "Odyssey" Dixie Dregs Dixie Dregs 7:59
    4. "Take Your Fingers from My Hair" Randy Jackson Zebra 8:18
    5. "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two" Robert Fripp King Crimson 6:30
    6. "To Tame a Land" Steve Harris Iron Maiden 7:15

Ahhh.

Suspended
    I'm pretty sure, if you click on the samples at Amazon they play the covers but don't list them by name and you will probably recognize it. What's stupid is they list disc one & the same title name on disc three but don't show the cover titles.

I'm pretty sure, if you click on the samples at Amazon they play the covers but don't list them by name and you will probably recognize it. What's stupid is they list disc one & the same title name on disc three but don't show the cover titles.
    Hello, I've got the discs, and didn't recognize most of the songs.

Suspended
    Does it say on the disc who the writers are, or sometimes you can put it in the computer and WMP will display the writer along with the other track info.

Does it say on the disc who the writers are, or sometimes you can put it in the computer and WMP will display the writer along with the other track info.
    Have you read this entire thread? You may have missed the part where I found the info I was looking for. :^P

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Edit: I shoulda known- Wikipedia's got the info.

1. "Stargazer" Ronnie James Dio, Ritchie Blackmore Rainbow 8:10
    2. "Tenement Funster" / "Flick of the Wrist" / "Lily of the Valley" Freddie Mercury, Roger Taylor Queen 8:17
    3. "Odyssey" Dixie Dregs Dixie Dregs 7:59
    4. "Take Your Fingers from My Hair" Randy Jackson Zebra 8:18
    5. "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two" Robert Fripp King Crimson 6:30
    6. "To Tame a Land" Steve Harris Iron Maiden 7:15

Ahhh.
    Tracks 3,4 & 5 are very well done................the others are not bad.

Suspended
    Damn, if I didn't miss that some how and no Rush. I'll have to go back and see which one I thought that was. A couple of those I'm not sure if I would have heard before. I've got Stargazer and Zebra, the only King Crimson is Court of the Crimson King and a bunch of Maiden but I don't know all the song titles. Not a huge Queen fan but I do have Live Killers and Greatest Hits.

Thread Information