Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are you still doing Mystery Discs?

I've got one I'd like you prog lovers to hear, just to see what you think.

Eme if you're interested, and I'll send you one. No, YECH, you can't have one.

DaveG been around lately?

fp

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Are you still alive? I thought you were eaten by a mountain lion!

You know where to send the disk.

Rock on brother.

I should like one as well.

But I ain't got yer addy.

I'll PM ya.

Forum Regular
    Dood!

Where ya been?

Still ridin?

I just got a call from my LBS, by new bike is built and ready to pick up! Yeehaa!

I got a Zaskar, killer deal on-line.

Mystery disc, eh?

PM me!

Got 2 tix for Deep Purple in July, but not so sweet seats, kind of bummed...

Dave

Suspended

I'm in also

I would like to play along with this one. I will drop you an email.

Hyfi

Well, since you were officially MIA in my estimations...

...I'll be glad to put you through the paces and accept your offer.

How you doin' Finch?

G Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

NOW I remember why I stopped coming here.

To respond to your posts took about 40 seconds to load.

Hi, everybutty! Didja miss me?

Dave- cool on the bike. Let's see pics! Are you still on Colonnades?

Swish, still on Lake?

Anyone "new" here that ever responds to these posts and requests discs?

fp
    Last edited by Finch Platte; 06-10-2007 at 03:08 PM.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I do, but the last time I did nothing materialize from it. ' Course the mail gets stolen down here a lot in the hood.

To be fair I haven't sent anything out since I upgraded to my new crappy Vista machine with its seeming inability to run programs that support lossless audio...

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    I do, but the last time I did nothing materialize from it. ' Course the mail gets stolen down here a lot in the hood.

To be fair I haven't sent anything out since I upgraded to my new crappy Vista machine with its seeming inability to run programs that support lossless audio...
    You're in the hood? Leave the Vista machine on the poach! You have homeowner's insurance, right?

fp

To answer your questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    To respond to your posts took about 40 seconds to load.

Hi, everybutty! Didja miss me?

Swish, still on Lake?

Anyone "new" here that ever responds to these posts and requests discs?

fp
    1. Did I miss you? Well, let's just say that when I saw your post I remembered you.

2. Yes, I'm still on the Lake

3. I think the newbies may be a little shy, especially since you haven't been around these parts in a while. Once they get to know you, they'll avoid you like the rest of us.

G Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

You 'upgraded to vista'? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Well, according to my ultra computer geek son it is. He had plenty of reasons to avoid it at this juncture, but it sounds like you got hosed.

G Swish. Still happy with XP Pro.

You're in the hood? Leave the Vista machine on the poach! You have homeowner's insurance, right?

fp
    Best idea I've heard all day.

hehe, I may have exaggerated a bit. I'm in the historic district which is on the edge of the hood. Of course, half of Indy is hood. In addition to boasting the number one NFL team capable of annihilating GSwishy's Eagles, we're currently the murder capital of the country.

So we got that goin' for us.

I'll PM the necessary info.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Well, according to my ultra computer geek son it is. He had plenty of reasons to avoid it at this juncture, but it sounds like you got hosed.

G Swish. Still happy with XP Pro.
    Yeah, the hosing was fairly complete...but its got such schweet new graphics. Whatever.

The thing is "quirky" at best.It is fast. There is virtually no processing time on AR for instance, but I get my ID kicked out all the time so any advantage is negated by the extra time signing in. Then there's the aformentioned inability to utilize any lossless audio codecs. Actually there are very few programs that are compatible as of this time. Maybe in a year or two it will be more versatile, but until then it is what it is.

B Sticks. Remembering the good old days of XP Pro

Suspended
    The thing is "quirky" at best.It is fast. There is virtually no processing time on AR for instance, but I get my ID kicked out all the time so any advantage is negated by the extra time signing in.
    Just a thought but check how Vista is handling your cookies. Cookies are what store the sign in information for sites. Even with Pro, if you deleted all your Temp Internet Files and Cookies, you have to resign in the next time.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I've got one I'd like you prog lovers to hear, just to see what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Swish
    ...I'll be glad to put you through the paces and accept your offer.
    Ah hah! More proof that Swish is a closet progger! When you gonna finally come out of the closet Swish Grandaddy?

Perty danged good

Holy crap! Finchy's comp doesn't suck giant hippo balls!

Its pretty good actually (at least the first one I listened to..A Sh!t Load of New Music).

Thanx Finchy!

Huh?

Then there's the aformentioned inability to utilize any lossless audio codecs. Actually there are very few programs that are compatible as of this time. Maybe in a year or two it will be more versatile, but until then it is what it is.
    My friend is running Vista on both his desktop and laptop and has no problems with lossless, and in fact streams FLAC to a Roku SoundBridge via wi-fi.

Windows Media Player 11 - WMA Lossless and Apple Lossless
    Media Monkey - FLAC, WMAL, and APE
    iTunes - Apple Lossless

All of these are out-of-the-box stock with no plug-ins.

Me, I'm sticking with XP until there is some must-have software that requires Vista.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

dammit Slosh, whattya mean...it's in...OK, so it's not under performance,enhancements, or plugins but in fact under options. That changes everything. I no longer despise Vista for its inability to rip and burn in lossless codecs. Now I loathe it because everything isn't where it should be in my fragmented Bobstick's World.

Hey Finchy,

It's agreed in these parts that there's no hippo balls in sight--for the most part. Elvis At The Hop had me searching for one of those aluminium Kramer guitars and a cape but Salt Lick lost me in the culdesac of its own infantile chaos. Not a fan of noise fer the sake of noise. I'm all about The Crawling Horror although I notice that song titles have little to do with the content in this here genre you call prog.

I spent the early morning listening to Schumann and Prokofiev so the day is fairly well on its way with that kind of musical juxtaposition. Nice way to come home. Thanks.

dammit Slosh, whattya mean...it's in...OK, so it's not under performance,enhancements, or plugins but in fact under options. That changes everything. I no longer despise Vista for its inability to rip and burn in lossless codecs. Now I loathe it because everything isn't where it should be in my fragmented Bobstick's World.

Hey Finchy,

It's agreed in these parts that there's no hippo balls in sight--for the most part. Elvis At The Hop had me searching for one of those aluminium Kramer guitars and a cape but Salt Lick lost me in the culdesac of its own infantile chaos. Not a fan of noise fer the sake of noise. I'm all about The Crawling Horror although I notice that song titles have little to do with the content in this here genre you call prog.

I spent the early morning listening to Schumann and Prokofiev so the day is fairly well on its way with that kind of musical juxtaposition. Nice way to come home. Thanks.
    Damn- I guess that extra 2 cents we give the USPS has 'em hopping. Seems like I just mailed those this morning!

You're welcome, but if one more person posts something positive, I'll know I'm losing my touch.

fp

Hey Finch,

Are we supposed to guess who's on the mystery disc?

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    Hey Finch,

Are we supposed to guess who's on the mystery disc?
    Sure, you can try that. You can also critique it, and don't worry about hurting my feelings. This is a disc I picked out of the used bin because I liked the cover, and the name of the record label was cool (no, I'm not going to tell you! )

Or, you can tell us how well it did in a skeet shoot. Or, you can use it to scare crows in your vineyard. Or....

Be creative! Best review wins some swag out of my swag drawer.

elf pee

Hey Finchy,

I gotta tell you, man- this is some funny stuff. I've reread it about 3 or 4 times now. Thanks for the laughs!

fp

Any of the Tribal Tech reminding you of Weather Report, by any chance?

"...lost me in the culdesac of its own infantile chaos."...

You're welcome, but if one more person posts something positive, I'll know I'm losing my touch.

fp

...was as far as I was prepared to go in a civilized converstaion. Thanks for reminding me where I am. Frankly, Salt Lick sounded like nine gibbons ripping live chickens in half. Complete rubbish...there ya go.

I really did like Elvis At The Hop. It reminded me of a less-anal Marillion.

Cheers

Thanks for the mystery disc, feench.

I've played it repeatedly today and think it's just ok. It reminds me of all those Pendragon/Gerard/Galahad bands. "Harold Cain" is particularly hokey. Singer sounds just like what's his name, Cousins from the Stawbs.

It sounds like yet another third wave prog band (with the silliest damn name) that rehashes 80s Marillion and Asia rather than 70s Genesis and Yes. Saga? Watered down, safe and cliched.

I'd rather listen to this than Bjork, Wilco or Beck though.

I liked the mystery disc. Yeah, its old hat, but its done well. Better than the last few Pendragon, IQ or Pallas albums I've heard.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information