Lightbulb Sun, remastered.

A brand new edition of the long out of print 2000 studio album by Porcupine Tree. The album contains the original studio versions of PT classics such as Shesmovedon, Russia On Ice, Hatesong, and Feel So Low, and has been lavishly revamped into a definitive 2 disc set. Disc one is a CD containing a pristine remix / remaster of the album, while disc two is a DVDA (playable on any DVD player) containing the album remixed into 5.1 surround sound (in DVDA and DTS versions), as well as a 24 bit high resolution version of the stereo mix and the original 2000 mix/master. Also included are 5.1 mixes of bonus tracks Disappear, Buying New Soul, and Cure for Optimism, which were recorded during the same sessions. This is the definitive version of one of the essential albums in the PT catalogue.

Preorder now - Shipping from 7th April only from the PT Store (This title is not on general release until 21st April).

http://www.burningshed.com/store/por...duct/169/1009/

fp

I'm still thinking about it, but I don't even have a 5.1 system, so all I'd be interested in is the remix/remaster potential. The bonus stuff I've heard and I'm not overly anxious to own it. I should get Stupid Dream though, as its the only album I don't own outright (I have a CD-R copy).

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    This is the last major release I have to buy - couldn't bring myself to paying $100+ for a copy. Damn, if it was that good you think there'd be a few more available.
    Looking forward to the 5.1 mix - PT has been ahead of the learning curve on the front.

Finally. Thanks for the good news Finch.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    This is the last major release I have to buy - couldn't bring myself to paying $100+ for a copy. Damn, if it was that good you think there'd be a few more available.
    Looking forward to the 5.1 mix - PT has been ahead of the learning curve on the front.

Finally. Thanks for the good news Finch.
    Do you mean to tell me I could have sold my copy for 100.00 to some progger? I'd have even included shipping for 100.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Do you mean to tell me I could have sold my copy for 100.00 to some progger? I'd have even included shipping for 100.

jc
    Aww man, you're out $100 now...sucks to be you

Great album that deserves a much bigger audience.

In this world of CD-Rs and mp3s, why would anyone pay $100 for a CD? It's incomprehensible to me. Geez, what are copies of "Recordings" selling for now?

I'd want this rerelease only for the extra tracks, but if they suck as 3LB says, then meh.

Hey 3, why don't you rip those extra tracks for your buddy? I'll send you something annoying in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Hey 3, why don't you rip those extra tracks for your buddy? I'll send you something annoying in return.

If you have the Recordings CD, then you have the bonus material.

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox

If you have the Recordings CD, then you have the bonus material.
    Oh, well to hell with that then.

Thx

Thread Information