• 12-01-2003, 05:37 PM
    Finch Platte
    1 Attachment(s)
    Wow. U2's 'Go Home- Live From Slane Castle, Ireland' DVD.
    Wow. What a powerful concert. I'm only 8 songs into it, and it rawks. Great sound, the band is tight and inspired, and the Edge is spot on. What a great guitarist he's turning out to be ;0)

I'm not a big U2 fan, but I saw them on this tour in San Jose, and this brings back good memories.

Songs are:

Elevation
    Beautiful Day
    Until The End Of The World
    New Year's Day
    Out Of Control
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Wake Up Dead Man
    Stuck In A Moment...
    Kite
    Angel Of Harlem
    Desire
    Staring At The Sun
    All I Want Is You
    Where The Streets...
    Pride
    Bullet The Blue Sky
    With Or Without You
    One
    Walk On

You may have seen part of this show on telly a while back- I forget what network broadcast it, and if it was this exact show, but...

This DVD includes some sort of 360 degree interactive spincam that I haven't checked out, yet, an Unforgettable Fire documentary, a U2 calendar, screensavers and a bonus track.

A well-spent $15.

fp
  • 12-02-2003, 06:52 AM
    Dave_G
    You suprise me, I didn't think you were into U2.

Dave
  • 12-02-2003, 11:53 AM
    Mr MidFi
    I have it too. I like it. I like the Elevation DVD from this same tour better, but they're both very good.
  • 12-02-2003, 04:35 PM
    Dusty Chalk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave_G
    You suprise me, I didn't think you were into U2.

Yeah, me neither.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • 12-02-2003, 06:42 PM
    Finch Platte
    Question for ya...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr MidFi
    I have it too. I like it. I like the Elevation DVD from this same tour better, but they're both very good.

Have you been able to look at the DVD on your PC? Both of the ones I have gotten won't play in 2 computers I have access to. I wonder if the local Tower has gotten a bad batch.

fp
  • 12-03-2003, 06:30 AM
    Mr MidFi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Have you been able to look at the DVD on your PC? Both of the ones I have gotten won't play in 2 computers I have access to. I wonder if the local Tower has gotten a bad batch.

fp

Honestly, Finch, I haven't tried to play it on my PC. I have two home theater setups in my house, so only my daughter plays movies on the 'puter...and rarely at that. I'll try it and see.
  • 12-03-2003, 06:46 AM
    Les
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Finch Platte

fp

I have a feeling the UK version has some form of protection on it that means it will not play in many DVD-roms. It won't play on my PC either, I didn't check with the shop as here in the UK it seems many more music DVDs are subject to controls that limit their use in DVD-ROM drives. I too have a home-cinema system and don't really use the PC for playback.