Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Well, it loaded faster for me, and I'm on my phone. No comments suggesting canine lineage from me. I'm pleased.

And now I'm allowed to give myself rep points - awesome!
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

I wish them buttons for the next page of the thread were a little bigger. Seems like I can't ever hit them with the mouse on the first try.

And would someone answer that damn phone!!

Rae
    I don't know what you guys mean by the 'forum jump'. I guess I just use this one anyway.

~Rae

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin View Post
    Yippie! I lost a post in the middle of the change - one I actually put some thought and effort into, too! I won't be doing that again! Yay!!

Seriously though, it will be nice to be able to use the "forum jump" again.
    Sorry about that dean - I was out sick yesterday and IT did the upgrade. Unfortunately bad food strikes at any moment, and sometimes things we put time into get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    I wish them buttons for the next page of the thread were a little bigger. Seems like I can't ever hit them with the mouse on the first try.

And would someone answer that damn phone!!
    I can look at increasing the font size on this -

which phone? you want to call me directly on my cell?

Please everyone - if you have forum issues - please post them in this thread here and I will do my best to get them addressed ASAP.

ATTENTION - Forum Upgrade 5/17

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    Oh hey, board upgrade! Aside from the cosmetics and the load speed, anything functionally different?

~Rae
    I think the difference is mainly on the back end - and new server - OS build - and new clean install of vB.

There is some functional difference but for the most past should be about the same.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam View Post
    Sorry about that dean - I was out sick yesterday and IT did the upgrade. Unfortunately bad food strikes at any moment, and sometimes things we put time into get lost.
    No need to apologize. Hope you're feeling better.

No need to apologize. Hope you're feeling better.
    thanks - i am - wasn't that bad - but with the public transit commute - i didn't want to risk anything...

Red face

thanks - i am - wasn't that bad - but with the public transit commute - i didn't want to risk anything...
    don't blame you. Unfortunately, I'm thinking of too many disastrous scenarios. What if you sat next to someone with a cologne that irritated you and made you sneeze?

Suspended
    don't blame you. Unfortunately, I'm thinking of too many disastrous scenarios. What if you sat next to someone with a cologne that irritated you and made you sneeze?
    Have you ever flown from London back to the states on a plane where every woman on your flight spritzed a little sample of EVERY friggin perfume in the airport?

They should be made to take a shower before getting on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    Have you ever flown from London back to the states on a plane where every woman on your flight spritzed a little sample of EVERY friggin perfume in the airport?

LOL - you guys are funny.

When I flew back from Paris to London to SF I was so tired I pretty much slept the whole way. When I got home - first thing I did was go grocery shopping, cook myself a huge meal, ate it and slept for a couple days. A month in Europe drinking and snowboarding and I lost like 10lbs...

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post

One of our managers was interviewing for a position last week. I was in the boardroom right after the interview and the candidate's perfume was so strong that, not only was it lingering, but my throat was burning. I moved the meeting to my office and told that manager that if she hired that person she was going to have to reduce her perfume usage.

I've honestly never understood why people wear perfume or cologne. Some people spend a lot of money on it too. I don't get it.

A month in Europe drinking and snowboarding and I lost like 10lbs...
    As yes, but I bet you had FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    One of our managers was interviewing for a position last week. I was in the boardroom right after the interview and the candidate's perfume was so strong that, not only was it lingering, but my throat was burning. I moved the meeting to my office and told that manager that if she hired that person she was going to have to reduce her perfume usage.

I've honestly never understood why people wear perfume or cologne. Some people spend a lot of money on it too. I don't get it.
    I think, if done right, it can be very nice. But doing it right means getting a scent that matches your own body, and is worn very lightly.

Like the girl I dated for 4 years in highschool/college - she liked sandwood - just a little - and if anything - now whenever I smell that - I remember her. And they are good memories, so I'm cool w/ that.

And yes - it was a blast! France and Italy (Italians were way more awesome) - snowboarding and site seeing. Was freaking $$$$ but an awesome time.

I've known several males that douse themselves in cologne and try to greet you with a handshake. Apparently, it's the last thing they do before leaving the house because it's on their hands. It's so bad that I had to try to avoid the handshake unless I was close to a bathroom and could wash up right away. I'm all for warm greetings and making people feel comfortable and welcomed, but that was just too much.

On the other hand, I've noticed that only women's perfumes (not all, but some) seem to trip my allergy alarm, burn my throat, etc.

And then there's Adam's observation. Done right (subtly), it can be nice in a personal/intimate setting.

A friend always said: If it smells like cologne, leave it alone; if it smells like fish, eat all you wish.

Suspended
    I've known several males that douse themselves in cologne and try to greet you with a handshake. Apparently, it's the last thing they do before leaving the house because it's on their hands. It's so bad that I had to try to avoid the handshake unless I was close to a bathroom and could wash up right away. I'm all for warm greetings and making people feel comfortable and welcomed, but that was just too much.
    My company is on the second floor of a building and up until a few months ago, the first floor was occupied by New York Life Insurance. All the men coming thru the first floor lobby were way worse than the women.

I guess after a while they completely burn out their ability to notice they have too much on. Men and women both.

I've known several males that douse themselves in cologne and try to greet you with a handshake.
    My husband used to buy that Axe crap. He could be upstairs in the bedroom and I could be downstairs in the kitchen and I would know whenever he sprayed it because I would start to choke. I finally bought him a nice suble cologne and told him that if he felt compelled to wear a scent then I would buy it for him. It was the only way that I could be sure not to have a reaction to whatever he wears.

...and he does kinda smell nice.

Wow, talk about going off-topic!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    I guess after a while they completely burn out their ability to notice they have too much on. Men and women both.
    I think that's definately part of the problem. It's like smoker...they're so used to the smell that they just don't realize how bad they smell.

I think that's definately part of the problem. It's like smoker...they're so used to the smell that they just don't realize how bad they smell.
    +1Googleplex!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I just farted. Nice huh? Airline food.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information