Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wow. No new threads since Wednesday?

What is everybody doing? Watching college football? I certainly am, but I don't really have much to post about in regard to music. I am looking forward to seeing Jason and the Scorchers Thursday night, but other than that, not much on the horizon. Work has been really busy, which is good news for Swishdaddy.

So what the heck is everyone doing?
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    This one is new.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Chicago IL
    Enjoying the last days of the summer

slightly, all the time jonnyhambone's Avatar
    Well I've got a 1 year old who started walking this week - so there's that. Actually though, I've been listening to a sh*t-ton of music too. Went on a bender and have new Grinderman II (love it!), Walkmen (ok), Holly Go-Lightly & the Broke-Offs (love), Mark Lamegan/Isobel Campbell (strong , so far not as good as Ballad o' Broken Seas), + some old and excellent used vinyl - Laura Nyro, Hot Tuna acoustic, Jefferson Starship 'Blows Against the Empire'.
    Waiting for pre-order of Three Mile Pilot! (a couple sample songs from new one here and here)

+ just went from no tv to big flat screen that shows YouTube and instant Netflix so there's lots of coolness to take in!
    Last edited by jonnyhambone; 09-26-2010 at 07:49 AM.

Suspended
    I'm in Spring Lake NJ dog sitting on Ocean Ave with the best view of Sea Girt and Spring Lake you can get.

If ya can't be rich, at least have some friends that are.

Anyway, they have a garage full of stuff because they have moved several times and now in this new house they have a whole house Nuvo system. They sold me a Rotel RX-1050 for $100 and threw in a Paradigm Sub, and an older Sony HT reciever and CDP.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    I don't really have much to post about in regard to music.
    well, there you have it
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

You had me right up to Jefferson Starship.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyhambone
    Well I've got a 1 year old who started walking this week - so there's that. Actually though, I've been listening to a sh*t-ton of music too. Went on a bender and have new Grinderman II (love it!), Walkmen (ok), Holly Go-Lightly & the Broke-Offs (love), Mark Lamegan/Isobel Campbell (strong , so far not as good as Ballad o' Broken Seas), + some old and excellent used vinyl - Laura Nyro, Hot Tuna acoustic, Jefferson Starship 'Blows Against the Empire'.
    Waiting for pre-order of Three Mile Pilot! (a couple sample songs from new one here and here)

+ just went from no tv to big flat screen that shows YouTube and instant Netflix so there's lots of coolness to take in!
    I guess I'm wondering how you can fit them in when you have all that good stuff.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

slightly, all the time jonnyhambone's Avatar
    I guess I'm wondering how you can fit them in when you have all that good stuff.
    I wouldn't admit a Starship-love to most but folks around here are so non-judgemental...
    + this one is no 'Built This City' bile. A 1971 Paul Kantner 'solo' album that has members of his still active J. Airplane, Grateful Dead (most all of them), Quicksilver Messenger Service, Crosby & Nash. Pretty good band if you're into that sorta thing. The official Jefferson Starship wouldn't form for another 5 years...

Rae
    What is everybody doing?
    I just thought that the Saxon thread settled all future musical discussions.

~Rae

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Rae
    I just thought that the Saxon thread settled all future musical discussions.

~Rae
    Yeah, I was going to reply with some derogatory comment, but I thought better of it.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I wouldn't admit a Starship-love to most but folks around here are so non-judgemental...
    Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Oh, that's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!.

CONGRATS! That's great! This is a fun time. My little girl is 14 months. She just learned the joys of eating an apple yesterday.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Well, you have my blessing then.

+ this one is no 'Built This City' bile. A 1971 Paul Kantner 'solo' album that has members of his still active J. Airplane, Grateful Dead (most all of them), Quicksilver Messenger Service, Crosby & Nash. Pretty good band if you're into that sorta thing. The official Jefferson Starship wouldn't form for another 5 years...
    Just be sure to keep 'Built This City' away from the ears of your impressionable one-year old. That song has tainted the brains of so many.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Just be sure to keep 'Built This City' away from the ears of your impressionable one-year old. That song has tainted the brains of so many.
    Just look at what it's done to Swish!!!

42 Regular
    What is everybody doing? Watching college football? I certainly am, but I don't really have much to post about in regard to music. I am looking forward to seeing Jason and the Scorchers Thursday night, but other than that, not much on the horizon. Work has been really busy, which is good news for Swishdaddy.

So what the heck is everyone doing?
    Hey, I didn't just watch a game... I went to one. And we won! Northwestern is now 4-0... how 'bout them Cats?
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

I went camping and mountian biking in Douthat State Park, VA- totaly awesome.

On the way down, we listened to my cassette tape I made from the SACD of Dire Straights- Brothers In Arms, what a great way to to make tapes! Its sounds excellent in the OEM cassette deck in my 4Runner. The road noise sucks though.

We also listened to my 25 to 50 cent prerecorded cassettes that I picked up at the thrifts- they also sound good.

And, I just bought a Jico D6800EEE-S Shibata Stylus for my 681EEE, but I aready posted that.
    Philips GA312/ Stanton 681EEE/ Jico D6800EEE-S Shibata ===>>|
    Yamaha DVD-S2700 CD/SACD/DVD >> MONSTER STANDARD THX i100 >>|
    Yamaha CDC-765 CD 5 disc >>==== MONSTER STANDARD THX i100 >>|
    JVC TD-W709 Cassette >>======== MONSTER STANDARD THX i100 >>|
    Yamaha RX-797 Receiver -------------------------------------+
    Sennheiser HD650 Head phones <<===========================<<|
    Klipsch RF-7 <<L############### MONSTER MSERIES MCX-2S ##L<<|
    Klipsch RF-7 <<R############### MONSTER MSERIES MCX-2S ##R<<|

Just got back from a weekend in Montreal. Reality of workweek has just set in. Looking forward, however, to Nuit Blanche in TO. It's this upcoming Saturday night when the city opens late and stays open, until the sun comes up on Sunday.

Thanks for the Three Mile Pilot song links.

I just pre-ordered it on DeepDiscount for about $12.5 + free shipping. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

I was driving around in the desert, listening to Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree and taking pictures.

Yeah, those mushrooms can make you do some crazy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    I was driving around in the desert, listening to Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree and taking pictures.
    Are was it the peyote buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by rakeford
    Cool- I'm a mountain biker, too.

What kind of a bike do you ride? Got pics?

You ever been here? Or here?

Are was it the peyote buttons?
    No, are was the edibles from the pot club.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rakeford

On the way down, we listened to my cassette tape I made from the SACD of Dire Straights- Brothers In Arms, what a great way to to make tapes! Its sounds excellent in the OEM cassette deck in my 4Runner. The road noise sucks though.

We also listened to my 25 to 50 cent prerecorded cassettes that I picked up at the thrifts- they also sound good.

And, I just bought a Jico D6800EEE-S Shibata Stylus for my 681EEE, but I aready posted that.
    I'm still listening to cassettes I made for vehicle use many years ago. I have a vintage receiver, crappy speakers and tape deck set up in my storage building. Last night while messing around with the weights and weight bench I listened to REM's New Adventures in Hi-Fi that I recorded from vinyl. Not only did I get the tape hiss (which I don't mind because I've never liked dolby nr b, c or any other letter), but I also got a few pops and clicks. Made working out not so horrible. I'm getting to the age where it's too easy for my body to rebel against me if I don't do a little something so that's what I've started doing this week - a LITTLE exercise. I hope I can make it a routine.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMartino
    ...a little exercise
    know whatcha mean. I started having joint problems and whatnot. Doctor told me I was fat. I said, "Doc, I want a second opinion" so he said, "well...ok, yer ugly too".

Been doing some cycling myself, but just the good ol'fashioned pedal kind, not the two-wheel sledding stuff. I've biked to work a few times (24 miles round trip) but nothing major.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Cool- I'm a mountain biker, too.

What kind of a bike do you ride? Got pics?

You ever been here? Or here?
    Tuner Sultan 29er, see pic here.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...6&d=1205981612

My handle is BottomBraket on mtbr.com.
    Philips GA312/ Stanton 681EEE/ Jico D6800EEE-S Shibata ===>>|
    Yamaha DVD-S2700 CD/SACD/DVD >> MONSTER STANDARD THX i100 >>|
    Yamaha CDC-765 CD 5 disc >>==== MONSTER STANDARD THX i100 >>|
    JVC TD-W709 Cassette >>======== MONSTER STANDARD THX i100 >>|
    Yamaha RX-797 Receiver -------------------------------------+
    Sennheiser HD650 Head phones <<===========================<<|
    Klipsch RF-7 <<L############### MONSTER MSERIES MCX-2S ##L<<|
    Klipsch RF-7 <<R############### MONSTER MSERIES MCX-2S ##R<<|