Wow, this was a first

Was driving jr. to bb practice and had no CDs and so the radio was on. Caught the tail end of the new Bloc Party single. Sounds pretty cool, at least the last minute. When the song ended the guy said:

"That's the new effort from Bloc Party - smokin - ain't it? Have you heard the new album yet? It's all over the internet and you don't have to look real hard to find it. Just go to bittorrent.com and download the client and grab the album. For those of you that don't have the internet yet you'll have to wait until February for the album to come out. It's great man. I'm telling you it's way better than the first album!" (while I use quotes it's of course paraphrased. My court steno skills are rusty + I was driving. It's very accurate though.)
    The station was 96.5 in KC. I have no idea what the call letters are but it's not a little station that nobody listens to.

I was stunned.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Sounds like my local college radio station - to hell with the industry, copyrights, and ratings - let's get back to s'more great free music! "D

Thread Information