Eric Clapton best album

Definitely his1986 album August

I would go with these....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eric Clapton best album-eric-clapton-just-one-night-front.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

As much as I followed Clapton all the way from The Yardbirds...John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers... Blind faith....Cream...Derek and the Dominos, and through out his career, It is his works....."Sessions for Robert Johnson" and ....."Me and Mr. Johnson". I also like the works of Clapton with one of his influences, Hubert Sumlin on Howlins wolfs "The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions" ..As much as I love Jazz, I am just as big a fan of Blues and its histroy and how it evolved up to Chicago Blues....IF you are interest in a little blues history...R&B history....check out the Chitlin Circuit here....Chitlins, Catfish and Deep Southern Soul
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Forum Regular
    Wheels of Fire
    old Denon
    older Bose
    new Velodyne sub
    new Sony 1080 LCD & BluRay
    Big, clean sound @ 800 watts

Thanks Cylinder and Blues

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    As much as I followed Clapton all the way from The Yardbirds...John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers... Blind faith....Cream...Derek and the Dominos, and through out his career, It is his works....."Sessions for Robert Johnson" and ....."Me and Mr. Johnson".
    Of all his early bands and collaborations, my favorite work of his is probably Derek and the Dominos's Layla which I have on LP. I'm not big fan of blues music, so tend to to like his more pop oriented work and albums.

After death of his four-year-old son Connor, who died in 1991 after falling out of a window of a high-rise building, he pretty much withdrew to himself and other than few collaborations with other musicians and cover songs, his albums has been pretty flat.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Of all his early bands and collaborations, my favorite work of his is probably Derek and the Dominos's Layla which I have on LP. I'm not big fan of blues music, so tend to to like his more pop oriented work and albums. .
    Slide guiter is a unique talent................if you are ever-so-slightly off the note in any way, it will sound very much off-key.............the slide guitar work on the song Layla is a glaring example of terrible.
    So is Sweet Melissa from the Allmans.
    I can't stand either of those even though I really enjoy the other guitar work of both artists.

Playing in a "power trio" structure is very difficult and I chose WHEELS OF FIRE due to the live recordings therein..............fantastic guitar work..............Clapton at this best, IMO.
    old Denon
    older Bose
    new Velodyne sub
    new Sony 1080 LCD & BluRay
    Big, clean sound @ 800 watts

Thread Information