Won't they ever give up!?!?!?!?

So I'm checking the weekly entertainment guide in the local rag, and here is a sampling of the 'wonderful' shows coming to a theater near me;

Def Leppard with REO Speedwagon and Styx. Gee, three for the price of 1. Boy howdy.

The Four Original Members of Asia - I was getting tired of seeing them with so many unoriginal members.

Van Halen - don't go away mad Eddie, just go away

Yes - Close to the Edge and Back Tour - wish they'd fallen off the edge.

Tower of Power and the Average White Band - oh boy!

Jethro Tull and Peter Frampton - odd pairing of geezers

Air Supply - thought they would run out of oxygen by now

Gin Blossoms - can't imagine why

Boston - the surviving member?

Toad the Wet Sprocket - no comment

Wishbone Ash - didn't know they were back in action, but finally one worth seeing.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    C,mon G Swish Daddy, get on the Geezer-rock bandwagon!

Then there's this one...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=93664

And just because this thread needs it...

No, really...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5S...eature=related

They call it

I don't like others.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    The Four Original Members of Asia - I was getting tired of seeing them with so many unoriginal members.

Swish

And this Frampton disc is actually pretty good. Sample it here. Check out his version of Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun.

And what makes Wishbone Ash so special? Oh right, they're a band you used to listen to.

fp

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Say what you will about the old geezers Swish but those "vintage rockers" in Yes are asking $149.50 for top ticket here. And they'll get it too (but not from me).

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte

And what makes Wishbone Ash so special? Oh right, they're a band you used to listen to.

fp
    Good point!

On a semi-related note, I just picked up Funplex, the newest B-52's album. Granted that the B-52's haven't been around as long as most on the Swish list, but I gotta think they've been around at least as long as Asia.

B-52's rool.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    B-52's rool.
    I wonder if the B-52's were just an American thing? Mojo and Uncut are pretty harsh on the new one, though to be honest I've no idea what is a "sozzled grans on a hen night", or "school disco hit" for that matter ... but seriously, you really bought the new one?

20/100
    Mojo
    Kate Pierson and Cindy Wilson's endless calls for us to party hearty sound like nothing less than Shampoo's sozzled grans on a hen night, Fred Schneider's ironic lounge lizard is just creepy, and the same old tuned guitars spar against the same old Barbarella beats. [Apr 2008, p.102]

20/100
    Uncut
    Funplex consists largely of a series of witless retreads of school disco hit 'Love Shack,' with Fred Schneider's deadpan "woo!" recalling an increasingly weary holiday rep. [Apr 2008, p.83]

You have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte

And this Frampton disc is actually pretty good. Sample it here. Check out his version of Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun.

fp
    There was a time I loved Jethro Tull, and Yes too, but that was a long, long time ago. I'm an adult now and listen to adult music.

Swish Grandaddy
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Gee J, thanks so much for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MindGoneHaywire
    Then there's this one...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=93664

And just because this thread needs it...

No, really...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5S...eature=related

They call it
    Now I have that ghastly Rick Astley song stuck in my head. Holy crap! Someone hit me with a sledge, and fast.

Swish Baby

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    I wonder if the B-52's were just an American thing? Mojo and Uncut are pretty harsh on the new one, though to be honest I've no idea what is a "sozzled grans on a hen night", or "school disco hit" for that matter ... but seriously, you really bought the new one?

20/100
    Mojo
    Kate Pierson and Cindy Wilson's endless calls for us to party hearty sound like nothing less than Shampoo's sozzled grans on a hen night, Fred Schneider's ironic lounge lizard is just creepy, and the same old tuned guitars spar against the same old Barbarella beats. [Apr 2008, p.102]

20/100
    Uncut
    Funplex consists largely of a series of witless retreads of school disco hit 'Love Shack,' with Fred Schneider's deadpan "woo!" recalling an increasingly weary holiday rep. [Apr 2008, p.83]
    Well, I haven't actually listened to it yet. I really did just pick it up this afternoon since the record store is five minutes from the gym. After one listen I may know what "Shampoo's sozzled grans on a hen night" means. Gawd I hope not though.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Thread Information