Who Wants Nachos????

Years ago I was working at this place and we had this long-time running joke about the song AS I LAY ME DOWN by Sophie B. Hawkins. I would call up the local radio station and ask them to play this song and tell them it's the NACHO song. If you listen to the backing vocals it sounds like they are saying "Who wants Nachos?" Anyone else ever catch this? Check it out on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN8RNeT9mLE

If anyone can tell me what they are REALLY saying that would be awesome and it would put an end to a 10 year old joke.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

No joke...

The lyric is, in fact, "Who wants nachos?". After a semi-lucrative career Ms. Hawkins embraced civic duty and has joined the National Jalapeno Empowement Board.

Rae
    Let me start of with a basket of chips, then move on to the pollo asado taco... I would like two pollo asado tacos with one beef chimichanga. On the chimichanga, I would like a side of sour cream. I would like tomatoes and onions on my quesadilla. For dessert I would like the flares -- I would like extra cinnamon. Do you make guacamole? Uh, I would like a side of guacamole on my tostitos-- I like to dip the tostitos in the guacamole. Can I get a basket-- I told you about a basket of chips-- I would like a large iced-tea, 2, uh, 2 large iced-teas.

~Rae

I love when a thread gets bizarre!

Thread Information