• 01-21-2009, 02:47 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Who has the new Andrew Bird?
    Is the deluxe edition worth double the price of the standard edition?
  • 01-21-2009, 02:57 PM
    Slosh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn

Not really, though it is quite good as instrumental rock (although you'd be hard-pressed to find much rock in it) albums go. I can't see myself spinning it just to listen to it with no other distractions. I'm playing it now but obviously I'm doing more than just listening to tunes at the moment.
  • 01-21-2009, 06:55 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn

Not really. It's a good but not great album whose complexities, while still growing on me, are kinda "samey". Nothing new here...keep it movin'.
  • 01-22-2009, 06:10 AM
    Bernd
    I bought the deluxe version after Sloshy kindly sent me the single disc download. In my opinion the deluxe adds nothing earthshattering to the single disc. It's a fine album never the less.
  • 01-22-2009, 09:45 AM
    noddin0ff
    Disk 2 is no great shakes.
  • 01-22-2009, 10:06 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Wow. A unanimous 'don't waste your money'. Thanks guys!
  • 01-22-2009, 11:45 AM
    3-LockBox
    I'm underwhelmed by the entire album actually. If you're really love Bird then I guess its worth having, but it isn't something I'm going to be reaching for very often. It'll fill space on my Ipod well enough though.
  • 01-22-2009, 05:49 PM
    02audionoob
    I listened to it on Rhapsody and kind of forgot it was playing.
  • 01-23-2009, 06:21 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Stone
    Aug 22, 2001 4:24 PM
    Many of the tracks are very strong in my opinion, but they do vary in style somewhat from one to the next. However, I really think it works. And don't worry, it's not SO varied that it's like a different band from one track to the next, there is just a wide variety of influences and styles - but to me it is very charming and enjoyable. Just don't expect 12 other tracks like "Case In Point". The article dbi posted above describes it well.

Stone

NP: Andrew Bird's Bowl Of Fire "11:11"
    Oh the times, they are a-changin'...