3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Lol, funny to listen to that & watch the previews from Cowboys & Aliens bang bang shoot em up next to it.

It's not just R&B. I find there is very little 'soul' in most popular genres for the last couple of decades. OK, I'm braced for the flamin'.

42 Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues View Post
    It's not just R&B. I find there is very little 'soul' in most popular genres for the last couple of decades. OK, I'm braced for the flamin'.
    No flamin' here... I think it's a valid point. Take straight-up rock, for example.

There's a reason why a band like The Black Keys enjoys so much success these days, despite playing nothing but simple, old-fashioned blues hooks and fairly pedestrian melodies. That reason: Dan Aurbach ain't no genius, but he sings and plays with soul. And people out there are starved for it.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I think if you looked hard for it, you could find some, but how many are inclined to look for it? The cookie-cutter mainstream machine won't play it. Fans of mainstream may not even care. The machine doesn't value diversity, it kills it through homogenization. There's a blurry line between dance, pop, country, and hip-hop anymore.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB View Post
    I think if you looked hard for it, you could find some, but how many are inclined to look for it? The cookie-cutter mainstream machine won't play it. Fans of mainstream may not even care. The machine doesn't value diversity, it kills it through homogenization. There's a blurry line between dance, pop, country, and hip-hop anymore.
    True dat. I didn't mean to imply that there is 'no' soul in music but I agree, if you look hard enough you will find some.

Thread Information