Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Unhappy Where is everybody?

I'm bored. I don' like when it's a holiday in the States and not in Canada. It's lonely.

I'm starting a new job next week and I'll be on the road a lot so it'll be harder for me to hang out here since I won't be sitting at a desk all day anymore.

The good news is....more time in my car means more listening time. I can finally catch up on that stack of disks sitting on top of my TV and the ones that I will, hopefully, get for Christmas.

I hope you're all having a great holiday. If anyone cares to drop by and entertain me.....that would make me thankful!

I'm CHAIRMAN of the bored.

Just eating cereal and gonna hie over to Circuit Sh!tty in a while to see if there's anything worth picking up during their 'EVERY CD IN STOCK ONLY NINE NINETY NINE!!!!!!'

I'm sorry you're bored. I'm not the biggest fan of this new board, so I don't come here quite as often, so that's why it's dull here ;0)

fp

Today is not really a holiday in the U.S.!

I took a vacation day, and many places are indeed closed, so don't feel to badly. I arose fairly early and played racquetball for about 2 hours. What a blast. I also did a little X-Mas shopping and picked up a watch for Mrs. Swish. I hope she likes it better than what I got her last year.

I have the cd magazine in my car loaded with some excellent toonage, and was just listening to Super Furry Animals "Rings Around the World" Disc #1. What an excellent record. Before that it was Beulah's "Yoko" and "Chutes Too Narrow" from The Shins. Not sure if I like it more than Oh Inverted World (is that the proper name of that one?), but it's pretty damned good so far.

Swishy, who is still digesting his huge meal from yesterday.

Good luck with the new job. Are you in sales???
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    I also did a little X-Mas shopping and picked up a watch for Mrs. Swish. I hope she likes it better than what I got her last year.
    You know this begs the question.....what did you get Mrs. Swish last year?????

I am in sales. I work for a life insurance company. Basically, I wander around a territory and help Financial Planners and Investment Advisors sell life insurance. And convince them that they should sell my company's products.

However, for the past year, I have worked in a head office job as a Product Manager. The sale of the Company last July, and some other factors that I won't go into, have led me back into my previous sales position.

Probably more than you wanted to know...but like I said....I'm bored.

I bought her a very nice...

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    You know this begs the question.....what did you get Mrs. Swish last year?????

I am in sales. I work for a life insurance company. Basically, I wander around a territory and help Financial Planners and Investment Advisors sell life insurance. And convince them that they should sell my company's products.

However, for the past year, I have worked in a head office job as a Product Manager. The sale of the Company last July, and some other factors that I won't go into, have led me back into my previous sales position.

Probably more than you wanted to know...but like I said....I'm bored.
    vacuum cleaner..............not. Actually, it was a very nice pair of diamond earrings. She likes them just fine, but they're a bit too "dressy", so she doesn't have a lot of opportunities to wear them. The watch is really nice, and since it can be worn for dress or casual, I thing she'll like it a lot more. At least she'd better if she knows what's good for her. :0)

Regards,
    Swishy (who don't need no more stinkin' life insurance but is still planning on visiting Toronto next summer)

NP: Punk Meets New Wave - a DLD Comp (thanks Dave, even though yer Cowboys suck the big one!)
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Filling out rebate forms! Urgh. for a good cause though. Just finished the one for Officemax' offer of 100 slim line cases which will net the cost down to 61 cents for the lot of 'em. Not bad. Currently working on the 70 dollar rebate for the DVD copying software I got from Best Buy this morning. Now these folks want me to jump through some hoops. That's ok, I have a scanner and save copies of everything just in case they want to mess with me.

Listening to some Lamb, some T. Raumsheire, a little thing that will soon be a mystery disc. Just relaxing for the most part. Day's almost over-you can make it.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Suspended

You got nerve!

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    I'm not the biggest fan of this new board, so I don't come here quite as often, so that's why it's dull here ;0)

fp

Bustin on me

Uh, what?

Quote Originally Posted by HYFI
    Bustin on me
    You kids and your crazy-ass lingo.

fp

The only problem with the earrings is...

vacuum cleaner..............not. Actually, it was a very nice pair of diamond earrings. She likes them just fine, but they're a bit too "dressy", so she doesn't have a lot of opportunities to wear them.
    That you obviously don't take your wife out to places where she can get dressed up often enough.

I'm kidding, diamond earrings and a watch are both beautiful gifts. My husband never buys me jewelry. Although, last Christmas, I got a new set of speakers! I gotta admit, I liked that!

Cool! I thought that you were just kidding about coming to T.O. next summer. What made you pick Toronto as a vacation spot?

I never joke about vacation!

That you obviously don't take your wife out to places where she can get dressed up often enough.

I'm kidding, diamond earrings and a watch are both beautiful gifts. My husband never buys me jewelry. Although, last Christmas, I got a new set of speakers! I gotta admit, I liked that!

Cool! I thought that you were just kidding about coming to T.O. next summer. What made you pick Toronto as a vacation spot?
    But seriously, we've never been to Canada, at least not for a vacation. We usually head for warmer climes but felt it was time to head in the opposite direction. We're going to New Orleans in May, so we'll probably head up there later in the summer, possibly late July or early August. I won't hold you to that offer to stay at your place for free, but I will take the free beer. :-)

I would be honoured to buy you a beer

But seriously, we've never been to Canada, at least not for a vacation. We usually head for warmer climes but felt it was time to head in the opposite direction. We're going to New Orleans in May, so we'll probably head up there later in the summer, possibly late July or early August. I won't hold you to that offer to stay at your place for free, but I will take the free beer. :-)
    If you want a warm climate, you should get it here in July or August. Temperatures here are usually up in the 90's that time of year. It's only cold here in the winter, eh.

P.S. We woke up to our first snow fall yesterday. Only 2 inches, but that's 2 inches too many.

I agree with you on the snow.

If you want a warm climate, you should get it here in July or August. Temperatures here are usually up in the 90's that time of year. It's only cold here in the winter, eh.

P.S. We woke up to our first snow fall yesterday. Only 2 inches, but that's 2 inches too many.

I hate winter and I hate snow. I just causes me aggravation since I have no use for it. I haven't skied in years and I'm too old to play in the crap, so all it does is create work for me. The only good thing about it is when it ends and spring begins, so I'll be looking forward to next spring.

Regards,

Swish Baby

NP: Calla - Televise

Thread Information