Album of the week.

Got one?

For me it's Kid Dakota - The West Is The Future. I was expecting some rawkin' songs with scrape-y guitars based on their excellent So Pretty EP from five or so years ago, and there are in fact a few of those here, but I was also a bit surprised that most of the album isn't like that. Rather there are lots of slow building and somewhat spacey songs that reward you with repeated listens. Lyrically there are interesting tales from the darker side of society but musically it's harder to put into words. Maybe a mix of The Black Heart Procession and Low? Hmmm, well, that doesn't sound quite right. I know . . . . . track two reminds me of that old Nazareth tune, "Please Don't Judas Me" but . . . not all of them do. Some are kinda Three Mile Pilot-ish. Funny that the elements of the songs remind me of other bands but as a whole they really don't sound like anyone else I can think of off hand. Me thinks Dusty Chalk and Davey might like this.
    [Code]http://download.yousendit.com/ADB33D5872FF6C12[/Code] (94 MB)

NP: The Black Heart Procession - The Spell
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads-up, will give a listen.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information