When will the shipping cost more than the CD?

Just ordered an advance copy of the new Far disc for $10. Realized after all was said & done that my card was dinged $19.59- 88 cents for tax & $8.71 for shipping & handling. Almost $9 to have a single little disc sent to me. WTF?!?

My fault for not checking the rates first, but I'm cancelling the order. Let's see how that works out. I figure by this time next year, shipping will cost more than the discs.

Maybe I'll buy it in the store, maybe I'll just DL it. Fock 'em.

Stream it here. Let me know how it is.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I come across that often when I try to order from US sites. It's not just shipping but shipping and duty. There are a number of disks that I'd like to have but just aren't worth the total cost when all is factored in. Why should I have to pay duty on a CD that I can't buy here???

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I come across that often when I try to order from US sites. It's not just shipping but shipping and duty. There are a number of disks that I'd like to have but just aren't worth the total cost when all is factored in. Why should I have to pay duty on a CD that I can't buy here???
    Lol- she said "duty."

Have you tried shopping here?

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I don't run across that too often. I use Amazon marketplace quite a bit and even the UK sellers there only charge $2.95 S&H.

FA, can't you just order a bunch of CDs, ship 'em to a bud in the states, and have that bud bulk mail direct to you for cheaper?
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    I don't run across that too often. I use Amazon marketplace quite a bit and even the UK sellers there only charge $2.95 S&H.

FA, can't you just order a bunch of CDs, ship 'em to a bud in the states, and have that bud bulk mail direct to you for cheaper?
    I'm up for that, as long as I can dupe 'em before I send them along.

Quote Originally Posted by FinchPlatte
    I'm up for that, as long as I can dupe 'em before I send them along.
    Good idea 3LB. Thanks Finchy, I may take you up on that offer one day.

I happen to know someone who is driving there in the...

...near future and he could just hand-deliver them.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

WTF? That's a huge ripoff. I've seen similar ploys on Evil Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Just ordered an advance copy of the new Far disc for $10. Realized after all was said & done that my card was dinged $19.59- 88 cents for tax & $8.71 for shipping & handling. Almost $9 to have a single little disc sent to me. WTF?!?

My fault for not checking the rates first, but I'm cancelling the order. Let's see how that works out. I figure by this time next year, shipping will cost more than the discs.

Maybe I'll buy it in the store, maybe I'll just DL it. Fock 'em.

Stream it here. Let me know how it is.
    How can someone charge that much for shipping? I rarely sell on e-bay, but when I do, I charge whatever the shipping will cost me. Period.

I buy most of my cds on deepdiscount.com and the shipping, while a bit slow, is always free if you choose that option. I just got 3 from Amazon that were also free because the total order was over $25.00. I suppose if you're ordering your weird music from overseas, that's the cost of doing business. If you had a more reasonable taste in music you wouldn't have such problems, you freak!
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    ...and he could just hand-deliver them.
    You know, I never thought of that. I'll have to see what's in stock on my Amazon.com wishlist.

You know that they'll be prog CDs...right?

Thread Information