Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    There is enough of this riff-raff to go around. My remarks (despite my use of the "R Word") are more directed toward those on the far left and right sides of the aisle.

But, as long as we're mentioning Georgie Porgie....

Why do you think the republicans are trying to repeal the entirety of "Obama's" health care reform? Because, for example, if you told ignoramuses you were trying to let health insurance companies screen and deny you for pre-existing conditions it would never pass. Let's just throw out the baby with the bathwater.

A soundbite voting public deserves their soundbite governance.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

I wasn't replying to you specifically...

Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    There is enough of this riff-raff to go around. My remarks (despite my use of the "R Word") are more directed toward those on the far left and right sides of the aisle.

But, as long as we're mentioning Georgie Porgie....
    ...but to you and Jack. I happen to agree with you that there are far too many idiots on both ends of the political spectrum. My issue with the Obama agenda is that he seems to be doing exactly the same thing as Bush; throwing money at problems and worsening our economy. The mid-term elections sent the right message, and all of Congress, not just the Dems, need to get serious about our economy.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

I have a lot of thoughts on the health care reform.

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    Why do you think the republicans are trying to repeal the entirety of "Obama's" health care reform? Because, for example, if you told ignoramuses you were trying to let health insurance companies screen and deny you for pre-existing conditions it would never pass. Let's just throw out the baby with the bathwater.

A soundbite voting public deserves their soundbite governance.
    But I'm not going to debate it here on RR. As a fiscal conservative, I want less government, and this 2800 page reform bill is just too much to digest and I truly believe it's going to end up costing all of us more...a lot more.

Next up is the 2400 page Dodd-Frank 'Financial Reform Bill' that does nothing to address the problems with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Why? Because Barney Frank is still in denial that it was his fault those two GSEs are going to cost the taxpayers nearly a trillion dollars when all is said and done. It's so much easier to 'blame Bush' that to take accountability...which he had during their down-fall.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    ...but to you and Jack. I happen to agree with you that there are far too many idiots on both ends of the political spectrum. My issue with the Obama agenda is that he seems to be doing exactly the same thing as Bush; throwing money at problems and worsening our economy. The mid-term elections sent the right message, and all of Congress, not just the Dems, need to get serious about our economy.
    Oh I think Obama is throwing a lot more money at the problems than Bush did. But I feel some of it is at least doing some good. It definitely helped GM get back on the right track.
    I'll admit that I really only look at it as far as what it has done for me. My company has gone from laying off during the recession, to hiring 40 new employees last year alone. My 401K has soared in the last two years. Now I'm sure that the people who have been out of work for two years have a different view of the Obama administration. You can't please everyone.
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

At least we agree on one thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington
    Oh I think Obama is throwing a lot more money at the problems than Bush did. But I feel some of it is at least doing some good. It definitely helped GM get back on the right track.
    I'll admit that I really only look at it as far as what it has done for me. My company has gone from laying off during the recession, to hiring 40 new employees last year alone. My 401K has soared in the last two years. Now I'm sure that the people who have been out of work for two years have a different view of the Obama administration. You can't please everyone.
    ...and that's the money part.

I sincerely doubt that anything Obama has done is the reason for the stock market coming back to life. It sunk lower than the underlying values of the companies that are 'the market' and was a result of 'market risk' brought on by panic selling. Once it hit its nadir, which was a few months after Obama took office, it started coming back...like it always does and regardless of what Obama or any other president 'does'.

As for GM, they are profitable (finally) but it remains to be seen if we'll get our $50 million back, and I really cringe at the thought of government bailing out private business. I just think it sets the wrong tone and rewards failure.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    ...and that's the money part.

I sincerely doubt that anything Obama has done is the reason for the stock market coming back to life. It sunk lower than the underlying values of the companies that are 'the market' and was a result of 'market risk' brought on by panic selling. Once it hit its nadir, which was a few months after Obama took office, it started coming back...like it always does and regardless of what Obama or any other president 'does'.

As for GM, they are profitable (finally) but it remains to be seen if we'll get our $50 million back, and I really cringe at the thought of government bailing out private business. I just think it sets the wrong tone and rewards failure.
    That's true. I want to see these companies start paying back the bailout money. I want to see BP start paying back for the debacle in the gulf. I also want the Republicians come up with a dynamic person to run for office in 2012.
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

Just downloaded the new British Sea Power from http://www.alllossless.com/british-s...all-2011-flac/ and not sure what I think yet. I guess a little more ordinary than I was hoping for, and maybe too subdued overall, but they still have a way with me. Cool band. I can tell this one will take a few listens, but had me smiling from play.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information