Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    So here's something interesting...

Original top ticket price in Toronto was $199. Yesterday it was announced that the ticket price was being dropped to $159. Still way more than I would pay to see VH, even in their heyday (I've seen DLR in his assless pants. Can't imagine that today!) Tickets aren't on sale yet.

I've never seen that happen before. Could it be that even the promoters are beginning to realize that folks just don't want to pay $200 to see a band who's stamina to finish this tour is questionable?

42 Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    I'd have to see that to believe it. Sounds like a rumor.
    I saw the story yesterday on Fark. Apparently, they switched it back to the original artwork after getting some nasty feedback.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Suspended
    Mr. Mid Fi is correct, they did restore Anthony's pictures today. I'm glad you said something, when I heard the story today about the pictures being restored, I was sure some one would go check it out and think I was full of it. Well..... more so than usual.

Ironically, speaking of dinosaurs, I heard the Eagles were getting closer to putting out a new album and I'm sure when it drops there will be a mega dollar tour. But at least they will have new music to promote.

FA, have you ever heard of an 80's band called Toronto? I don't know if they are from there but I some how ended up with a couple of their albums in my collection.

It might be worth price of admition to see if DLR can still jump and do the splits in the air.

I have to agree with those that said that his son playing would ONLY happen if the kid was competent to pull it off, which is more than likely. Also, maybe this is a good thing since his son playing bass might be one person that they could keep in the band since his son has to listen to his dad at this point, now in 2 years when he turns 18 that might change, but at least for now we know the kid won't be going anywhere.

Mozart was writing symphonies and operas by 15, so I'm not impressed if this kid can throw down a few bass licks.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    FA, have you ever heard of an 80's band called Toronto? I don't know if they are from there but I some how ended up with a couple of their albums in my collection.
    Yes, I'm familiar with the band. They were quite popular in the early 80's and had a number of hits here. I didn't think that they were actually from Toronto, but a quick trip to AMG has proved me wrong. I haven't heard them mentioned in a very long time.

I don't like others.

If there is anything that I detest more than a band who can't get along and publicize their dislike for one another, it's a band that is so juvenile that they must react with such selfish amateurish acts like this in order to make certain points. Give credit where credit is due and quit whining about it. Geesh. I am soooo long over VH.

Ozzy (Sharon) did the same thing to his back catalog...rerecorded the bass and drum tracks with different people and took credit away from the original members.

Isn't Anthony still touring with Hagar?

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    Ozzy (Sharon) did the same thing to his back catalog...rerecorded the bass and drum tracks with different people and took credit away from the original members.

Isn't Anthony still touring with Hagar?
    That's just silly. I mean c'mon if that person originally recorded the material there should be something against being able to copy over it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    That's just silly. I mean c'mon if that person originally recorded the material there should be something against being able to copy over it.
    To make matters worse, they 'remastered' it with amps to 11 - its compressed as hell...I'm not a purist about peak limiting and all that audiophiliac stuff, but those Ozzy/Sharon reduxes sound harsh to my ears.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information