Thread: Jeanne

Bipolar Bingo Enthusiast Chip_B's Avatar

Jeanne

Here we go again.

It's just getting light outside and the power has flickered several times already. This is by far the worst I've seen from the several storms that have pounded Florida over the last two months...the wind if really fierce right now and it will get much worse. The rain is whipping horizontally and pounding the windows and the tree branches look as if they could go flying at any second. This is the scariest stuff I've ever experienced--and we're still about two hours away from sustained hurricane force winds. I'm a nervous wreck, but holding it together. What else can ya do?

I'll post again when I can. Please keep good thoughts for us.

-Chip
    "The Blues ain't nothin' but a good man feelin' bad"

-Willie Brown

Hang in there, Chip. I'm in Jacksonville, and I'm biting my nails on this one, too. The wind is starting to gust up- dunno what it will be like this evening, but my fingers are crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip_B
    Here we go again.

It's just getting light outside and the power has flickered several times already. This is by far the worst I've seen from the several storms that have pounded Florida over the last two months...the wind if really fierce right now and it will get much worse. The rain is whipping horizontally and pounding the windows and the tree branches look as if they could go flying at any second. This is the scariest stuff I've ever experienced--and we're still about two hours away from sustained hurricane force winds. I'm a nervous wreck, but holding it together. What else can ya do?

I'll post again when I can. Please keep good thoughts for us.

-Chip
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Florida - The Sunshine State

Man, what a mess you guys are going through. I know that hurricanes come with the territory, but this is bordering on the ridiculous. I'll keep a good thought for you and hope the best for everyone there.

Swishy
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Forum Regular
    Hnag it there Chip and everybody else at Florida.

Lucked out again

We came through the storm in pretty good shape, but my neighborhood was hit pretty hard. Lots of trees were uprooted or broken all up and down my street. There's a huge oak limb lying on the roof of a house about a half block away and debris is everywhere. Our grapefruit tree is in pretty sad shape...most of the fruit blew off and several limbs are cracked and sagging. We had rain blowing under windows and running down the walls, and strong winds that lasted all day. Amazingly, we only lost power for a few seconds at a time, though every time it flickered, I figured that we probably weren't going to get it back anytime soon. I can only imagine what it would've been like if Jeanne would've hit here as a Cat 2 or 3.

I feel really terrible for the people southeast of us who took another major hit and for the folks along the Panhandle that got blasted by Ivan. I'm hoping that I'll soon be able to contact old friends in Crestview (north of Ft. Walton Beach) and see how they're doing since Ivan came through.

We're going to cruise the area tomorrow and see if we can help some of our neighbors get things cleaned up.

-Willie Brown

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I'm glad to hear that you and your family are okay Chip. We were thinking about you.

Unhappy Chip and Tentoze....

Hang tough, guys.
    This, too, will pass.
    You're in our thoughts. Best wishes for staying the course, without incident.

Bill

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Chip, Ten and all those in FL, we're thinking about you and how distressing it must be to go through a 3rd one of these. We were hit pretty hard by Ivan up here on the AL/FL line. I can't imagine going through another one so soon (or even in the same season for that matter). Good luck and stay safe. I've watched the convoy of bucket trucks and power company vehicles heading south the last 2 mornings. We've had crews here from all over that are just waiting for the OK to go into FL. Help is on the way!

Jeanne

Chip,

We have been praying for you all that have been in harm's way. The prayers continue. Please keep us posted on the cleanup process.

Best,
    Ag
    "And the three gifts of moving on are forgiveness, hope, and the great beyond, After that perhaps peace can come, Peace will come." -- Mary Chapin Carpenter (2007)

Help

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    Chip, Ten and all those in FL, we're thinking about you and how distressing it must be to go through a 3rd one of these. We were hit pretty hard by Ivan up here on the AL/FL line. I can't imagine going through another one so soon (or even in the same season for that matter). Good luck and stay safe. I've watched the convoy of bucket trucks and power company vehicles heading south the last 2 mornings. We've had crews here from all over that are just waiting for the OK to go into FL. Help is on the way!
    That's one of the best things to come out of great difficulty: a willingness to help pick up the pieces. When we were still in Virginia, a huge ice storm did extensive damage throughout the state. Within a couple of days, we were seeing bucket trucks and power crews from all over the eastern U.S., including several from various Florida cities.

We've been out this morning helping some of our elderly neighbors carry and stack broken limbs and rake up debris. Driving around our subdivision was pretty sobering. The damage is pretty extensive--far worse than I would've imagined for a storm that had lost a lot of its steam before it got here.

Thanks for all the good thoughts sent our way. I can't tell you how much we appreciate it.

-Willie Brown

Thread Information