Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    It's also to try to read your posts before you delete them.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Suspended

ooooooo

Dusty, that's sad but true. I wonder why AR isn't as popular? I actually don't belong to any other boards right now, but there has to be idiots on the others as well, is that correct? Maybe that didn't come out right. Rave Recs is the coolest group of posters out of all the forums here. But on some of the other forums at AR there are some total idiots, to put it as nice as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by richmon
    Once upon a time you could count on Radio, your friends and just perusing records stores to find the goods. Now Radio's gone corporate (except for some college stations), most of my friends don't spend much time seeking new sounds. This place is like a digital record store where you give and take, recomend and learn. Plus I usually stop by while at work so I'm getting paid to be a raver!
    This is me all over!

1) radio sucks
    2) I also visit from work (for now anyway)
    3) most people I know my age are satisfied to listen to smooth jazz or classic rock radio

A lot of the people I call 'friend' are really aquaintences I know through my wife. I think they think that my passion for collecting music is useless, when I should be picking up golf and/or buying a boat__to be honest, I think those guys' real hobby is anger and frustration, cuz that seems to be their end result with those pastimes__Oh, they listen to music, but they have already purchased all the music they're ever going to own; most the stuff they own are 'best of' CDs.

I know some guys who are audiophiles, but they don't really listen to music; mostly they demo their system with snippets from a few select CDs, then its on to the HT portion of their systems. These guys are insufferable to watch a movie with, what with all the dinkin around with features and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    This is me all over!

1) radio sucks
    2) I also visit from work (for now anyway)
    3) most people I know my age are satisfied to listen to smooth jazz or classic rock radio

A lot of the people I call 'friend' are really aquaintences I know through my wife. I think they think that my passion for collecting music is useless, when I should be picking up golf and/or buying a boat__to be honest, I think those guys' real hobby is anger and frustration, cuz that seems to be their end result with those pastimes__Oh, they listen to music, but they have already purchased all the music they're ever going to own; most the stuff they own are 'best of' CDs.

I know some guys who are audiophiles, but they don't really listen to music; mostly they demo their system with snippets from a few select CDs, then its on to the HT portion of their systems. These guys are insufferable to watch a movie with, what with all the dinkin around with features and the like.

I'll never understand people like that.

To stay in touch with old friends.
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

I liked the Tuesday threads, checking out what new music Mike from York was raving about, I'll always be here most likely. Someday when I win the lottery, I plan on asking you all for advice on what equipment to buy!

Radio is actually MUCH better in Kansas City than it was in New York, so I actually have been discovering new artists here. Used to be that RR and listening to KEXP were the ONLY ways I'd discover something new. Often I'd hear something on KEXP .... and shortly after, someone on RR would bring it up.
    "If everybody asked you to look at their website, you'd never have time for your own blog."
    - Wes Stace a.k.a. John Wesley Harding

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information