Week 5: 25 Saddest Songs

Printable View

• 11-27-2007, 01:36 PM
    Swish
    Week 5: 25 Saddest Songs
    Yes boys and girls, the fun and games continue with this list that is getting so much attention from everyone on RR. Just keep it coming. :rolleyes:

This week's entry is another that I never really thought of as all that sad, or one that makes your feel all misty-eyed like the one scene in Old Yeller...yeah, you know the one.

Anyway, this week we have 'That's the Way I've Always Heard It Should Be' - by
    Carly Simon (1971)

The Breakdown: Marriage is inevitably dismal in this evocative pop hit, which was recorded a year before Simon's ill-fated marriage to James Taylor.

The Waterworks: "Their children hate them for the things they're not/They hate themselves for what they are."

Casualty Count: All marriages, one American dream.

Sure, the content is sad, but it just doesn't feel all that sad to me. Sort of like watching a chick-flick and not really caring all that much.

Swish
  • 11-27-2007, 02:33 PM
    Slosh
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish
    Sure, the content is sad, but it just doesn't feel all that sad to me. Sort of like watching a chick-flick and not really caring all that much.

Wait, are you talking about this thread? :D

NP:
  • 09-17-2008, 10:53 AM
    bobsticks
    ...and the President said, "Mr. Gore, consistency is key.".
  • 09-17-2008, 10:27 PM
    emesbee
    Alison Kraus singing 'Molly Ban' on the Chieftains, Down The Old Plank Road DVD. She sings it beautifully.
  • 09-19-2008, 05:41 AM
    3-LockBox
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 5akeytech
    Put it in my hands.

OK, though I know better, put what in your hands?

Nice thread ressurection Bobsticks, looks like you hooked two newbies :lol: