Hokay, Da Jonas Brothers....

They were on at half time of the Dallas game and since I've no prepubescent girls in my house I had no idea who these squirrels were. Now I know and I wish I hadn't. At least I give em credit for 'trying" to perform live but as Yoda said "there is no try". Ye gads, I'm not gonna beat up on em too hard, they're young and in love...

Da Worfster

Typical teen-age heartthrob band of wannabes.

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    They were on at half time of the Dallas game and since I've no prepubescent girls in my house I had no idea who these squirrels were. Now I know and I wish I hadn't. At least I give em credit for 'trying" to perform live but as Yoda said "there is no try". Ye gads, I'm not gonna beat up on em too hard, they're young and in love...

Da Worfster
    Makes me want to lose my lunch. I can't imagine anyone with some level of maturity would find their music appealing. The good thing is that we don't have to listen to them. Amen to that. What annoying crap.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Makes me want to lose my lunch. I can't imagine anyone with some level of maturity would find their music appealing. The good thing is that we don't have to listen to them. Amen to that. What annoying crap.
    As yes, but you aren't their target market. And tweener girls are a whole different species. Just wait 10 years and see what your darling grand-daughter is listening to. She won't be stuck on Baby Einstien CDs forever.

Sure she'll be listening to the cool stuff under Gramps and her parents influence, but she'll be swooning for the Jonas Brothers equivalent to keep up with her tacky, tasteless friends too.

Yeah, I had to leave the room during that.

I can't argue with FA that the target audience for the Jonas Brothers is not middle-aged men who grew up in the heyday of rock history.

BUT

Since when is the target audience for the NFL pre-teen and tweener girls?

Having these lip syncing twerps doing their super-sanitized GreenDay impression at an NFL game felt WAY out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Having these lip syncing twerps doing their super-sanitized GreenDay impression at an NFL game felt WAY out of place.
    I'm with you on that, First, they fvck up the superbowl, now they gotta crap on Thanksgiving games too? That kinda crap act has been around since the days of Fabian, but usually you had to go find it. I have a 12 year old daughter and of course she's gaga over these guys, but prolly because she's supposed to, not because she actually likes the music. I could imagine that kinda crap showing up on Disney's sports channel (ESPN) but I can't imagine why FOX...oh, nevermind.

The music industry keeps pandering to people who don't pay for music and wonders why they're going bankrupt.

I was about to chime in with a similar comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Yeah, I had to leave the room during that.Since when is the target audience for the NFL pre-teen and tweener girls? Having these lip syncing twerps doing their super-sanitized GreenDay impression at an NFL game felt WAY out of place.
    Why would the powers that be think the general population would give two ****s for them. Leave them to TIger Beat and the kiddie shows for **** sake.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    You know what Tiger Beat is? Hmmmm. Maybe you are their target market.

Ah, the Tiger Beat of the late 70's. Andy Gibb, Rex Smith. Good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by FA
    Ah, the Tiger Beat of the late 70's. Andy Gibb, Rex Smith. Good memories

I had a kid sister (two years younger) who bought Tiger Beat and a couple of others, and I did by chance look at a few (ok, so I had a crush on Kristy McNichol), but girls don't need those rags anymore, if they have Nickelodian and Disney Channel. Everytime I pass by my daughter and she's watching some Disney kid show, I always ask, "OK, which one has secret magic powers, or is a pop star, or both?".

But we may as well keep an eye out for these acts, cuz next thing you know, a few Superbowls from now, it'll be Aerosmith jamming with JoBros or Miley Virus or whoever. My only problem with these tweeny acts is that for over a decade now, 'nearly street legal' acts like Spears and Aguilera and Lavigne are marketed to up and coming tweeny boppers as kid friendly entertainment, only to go on to their next album "exploring their sexuality", to the same target audience - 12 and 13 year old girls.

But, Disney has got to some how recoup the loss of teen sluts like Lindsay Lohan and Amber...er...Porsche...er, Jamie Lynn (Spears).

They are young, but yea, that was pretty awful. Had to change the channel. Guess you do have to snag the kids if you want a future generation of NFL fans, but it just didn't really even have any entertainment value. You can see much better and more entertaining performances almost nightly on one of the late, or late late night shows.

Suspended
    They were on one of the early morning shows the next morning. May have been the Today Show. I don't care for their music, not fusiony enough, but they were cute kids. They were all mannerly, polite, and appeared to be smart and mature for their age and position in the spotlight.

Regardless of the genre, I'm happy to see youngsters into music. It is kinda funny how these teenage boys spend all their time beating off 6 year old girls. Hmmm, if only the were 30 and the girls were 19 .

Maybe when they get a little older they will morph into Los Jonas Boys

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    It is kinda funny how these teenage boys spend all their time beating off 6 year old girls.

Thread Information