Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

We all sit down to eat our leg of lamb.

I often marvel at how one person’s musical crap can be another person’s musical gem.

BarryL and I are both fans of Andrew Bird. He recently purchased the CD Oh! The Grandeur. But he hated it. Knowing that he would never listen to it again, he offered it to me.

And I love it!!!

I can certainly see why Barry didn’t like this. And my husband is in full agreement with Barry. But I just love this disk. If Danny Elfman wrote swing music, it might sound like some of this CD.

This disk is just campy and fun and quirky and filled with really good music that never takes itself too seriously. It’s odd to say the least. Right down to the tiny little booklet of “Testimonials, Explanatory Text” and “Sing-along Lyric Sheets” that states, “It is hoped that the avid listener will take to secreting the present booklet away in a common vest pocket or wallet slot, so as to be easily produced at moments of celebration, or whenever handy reference is necessary”.

Has anyone else here experienced this album? What’s your take? Love it or Leave it?

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    ain't heard it
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

That one's never been a favorite of mine. I think it's decent, but far from his best.

Loves me some Danny Elfman, though.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Thread Information