• 04-28-2007, 08:45 AM
    Dave_G
    Unbelieveable Ticketmaster experience today
    Tickets for Jethro Tull went on sale at 10 AM. I had to leave my son's tee ball game ~ 20 minutes early to make sure I got some tickets, because Jethro Tull are one of the best live bands out there (to me of course) and I HAD to get tickets.

Anyway I log on and at 10AM I try to get 2 tickets, floor, best available, $78.00 each...

NOTHING.

"No tickets available for this request"

Same message I got with Rush.

Grrrrr.....

So I tried again...they offered me up 2 tockets in the balcony, decent (it's the old House of Blues place where I have never been, an old church in downtown Atlanta), but it was like $188.50, so I declined and hemmed and hawed for a minute.

Then I said Heck I will try for one seat.

Viola!

Center section, floor, ROW 1!

I freaked out. So of course I bought it.

This is like a dream come true, Tull, front row center, at face value price.

I am stoked!

It's going to be 1st set unplugged, 2nd set plugged. Whoo hoo!

Dave

ps - But I am kind of bummed that I am not at ROSfest this weekend with 2 of my faves there...Galahad and Pendragon...
  • 04-28-2007, 11:36 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Dave, that's AWESOME! I know how much you love Tull. It's great to hear a good story about Ticketmaster for a change. Congrats. Enjoy the show!
  • 04-29-2007, 04:02 PM
    audiobill
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave_G
    Tickets for Jethro Tull went on sale at 10 AM.

This is like a dream come true, Tull, front row center, at face value price.

I am stoked!

It's going to be 1st set unplugged, 2nd set plugged. Whoo hoo!

Dave

ps - But I am kind of bummed that I am not at ROSfest this weekend with 2 of my faves there...Galahad and Pendragon...

Hey, Dave.

I've seen Jethro Tull twice -- but never from the first row, center. It will be quite the experience, from there. I've only had a front row, center, experience once in my life & it was for a Peter Gabriel "Shock the Monkey" concert.... me, my wife, all the groupies and the Rolling Stone photographer -- most amazing concert experience!!

Does Ian Anderson still adorn the jock strap??

Cheers,

Bill
  • 04-29-2007, 08:13 PM
    Mr Peabody
    I tried to buy Tool tickets this weekend. They went on sale last weekend. The best seats were $52.00 which is pretty cheap compared to other recent indoor concerts. I didn't think they'd sell so fast, so I procrastinated. Now I'm bumming but not giving up. The phone line said all that was left was the rafters. I went on line and after a couple searches 2 floor seats popped up, I grabbed them but before I could complete the transaction, I was timed out and lost them. I couldn't get them back. I'm going to try at the box office tomorrow if I can.

Glad things worked out for you, Dave. Maybe the key is go alone :)