Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?

Yahoo! I was really backing the Saints today, and they really did it. Good for them and that city, which really needed something positive after the devastation of Katrina.

I also was so tired of hearing about the anointed one, Peyton Manning, and how they would pick apart the Saints defense. Well, the 'anointed one' got picked for a TD and Breese clearly was the best QB on the field today. I admit that Manning is very good, but nothing is automatic in the NFL.

Swishdaddy - filled with pale ale and enjoying the Saints championship
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Boy, the Colts recievers sure looked flat in the second half. Time to shop Reggie Wayne while he still has some value. The Saints offense made great halftime adjustments and the Colts did not (their secondary was always suspect and last night it showed). That interception was lazy route running by Wayne and Manning stared him down anyway; it was an easy pick6.

I'll be glad when we can talk about New Orleans w/o having to mention Katrina blah blah blah... The Saints woulda been sentimental favorites if Katrina never happened.

Was part of The Who's performance canned? Too bad the only choice we have for SB halftime shows is twix aged classic rock bands or some dance/pop/rap diva...in fact, too bad there has to be a halftime show at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    I also was so tired of hearing about the anointed one, Peyton Manning, and how they would pick apart the Saints defense. Well, the 'anointed one' got picked for a TD and Breese clearly was the best QB on the field today. I admit that Manning is very good, but nothing is automatic in the NFL.
    Amazing that Manning, as great as he is, has a knack for not being sharp in big games. The year they won, he didn't have a great game nor did he really earn that MVP recognition. But those recievers sure picked a bad time to catch a case of the dropsies.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Agreed that Manning seems to always be too tight in big games.

Also agree that it will be nice when we don't have to hear about Katrina whenever the Saints are mentioned. To me that's just as annoying as hearing that Manning is "The anointed one." I suppose that just reflects just how tired I am (and probably everyone else too) of the hype machine spinning every story into a frenzy. Tiresome.

The Who looked flat. Yes, parts were clearly canned. I saw, at least twice, Daltrey's mouth not moving while he was "singing." Townshend seemed tone deaf. Overall tho, I kinda liked 'em. The most prog halftime show, ever, but truthfully, the pre-game/halftime hype, event and pageantry are out of control, taking away too much of the importance from the game.

I dint have a vested interest in either team. I would have been happy with either one winning. I figured it would be a 35-38 track meet. It was just nice to see the best teams, the two #1 seeds, make the game for the first time in many years.

nightflier
    Boy I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't like The Who's performance. After excusing the time-delay and sound issues (common in large stadiums), there just seemed to be this overjoyous praise for their performance. Yes, it was a miracle to get Daltrey to play nice with the rest of the guys, but this was hardly "the best half-time show ever" by a long shot. Actually I thought Daltrey was the highlight and I was impressed that at 65 he could still belt it out like that. Zack Starkey on the other hand was perhaps not the best fit. Granted it takes some gusto to step into Moon's shoes, but personally I think they could have found someone with more talent and less silver-spooning.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I wouldn't say all of the vox were canned, but I think some of the guitar was, and Daltry's primal "yeeaaahhhhh" as well.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Suspended
    It is amazing how much of peoples intent and focus is on a stupid game. Just imagine what could be accomplished if the same amount of people focused their energy on something useful and productive.

I didn't really care who won as long as I hit on the pool, which I did due to the score at the end of the 1st quarter.

As far as the Who, it's about time to get some better performers to do this show. I never really cared for them to begin with but watching Daultry struggling for oxygen between words was pathetic to watch. They also played a totally predictable set and the one song that would have been nice to hear all the way through, medleyed out after the first line.

I was so hoping that they would go against contract and say "Who The F are You?" but they didn't. I wish they had the balls Janet Jackson had.

nightflier
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    I wish they had the balls Janet Jackson had.
    Excuse me while I throw up and get the visual out of my scarred mind.... The thought of Tonwshend reaching over to Daltrey's crotch with his long flabby arm and presenting the world with another "wardrobe malfunction" is more horror that all the reliving of Katrina we've been put through this weekend, thank you.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    Excuse me while I throw up and get the visual out of my scarred mind.... The thought of Tonwshend reaching over to Daltrey's crotch with his long flabby arm and presenting the world with another "wardrobe malfunction" is more horror that all the reliving of Katrina we've been put through this weekend, thank you.
    LOL

Thread Information