Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

Sundazed instrumentals

Quote Originally Posted by MindGoneHaywire
    A couple of Sundazed issues of early or mid-60s instros--The Arrows' Apache '65, and the Belairs. Only for fanatics.
    I picked up a couple of Sundazed albums in the mid90's. They had a Fireballs album that sounds fantastic. I heard a story about the studio where many of their songs were recorded. I can't remember whether I ever confirmed this or not but a friend told me that Buddy Holly's father built a recording studio out of bathroom tile - floors, walls and ceilings and that the Fireballs recorded many of their songs there. Either reverb was still new or hadn't come along yet and the tile was supposed to provide an echo/reverb/slap-back effect. Even if this isn't true, the music definitely sounds like it. Stacoto guitar notes and drums are crisp and lively. The whole presentation is larger than life.

I have a pic of the album cover in my gallery - "Gunshot!" by the Fireballs.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    LOTW: Dave's Lights So Dim comp. This is really good, def. a cup o' tea right up my alley. Even with all the acoustic stuff, it's the type of acoustic stuff that I listen to.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    LOTW: Dave's Light So Dim comp. This is really good, def. a cup o' tea right up my alley. Even with all the acoustic stuff, it's the type of acoustic stuff that I listen to.
    Lord of the Wings! All for me? You're much too kind. Betcha got stuck on a road trip this past week and realized you forgot all your freakin' favorite alienware CDs? Except for that unopened little package on the floor in the backseat. What the hell's in there? Oh geez, how long have I had this package from Dave laying back here under all these damn cheeseburger wrappers? Least it soaked up some of the grease, eh? Cracked jewel case but CD still looks round. Heheh, might as well give it a listen cause it sure can't be any worse than hearing another fuckin' Bachman Turner Overdrive song on the god damn radio (with apologies to our bud Swish, current BTO fanclub president and decorated groupie). Know whatahmean, know whatahmean, nudge nudge, know whatahmean, say no more? Check's in the mail. Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more? Have some sushi and a Sapporo on me.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    You're much too kind. Betcha got stuck on a road trip this past week and realized you forgot all your freakin' favorite alienware CDs?
    No, actually, I've been carrying this around with me for weeks trying to get it in the player. I've had some weird listening habits of late (you have no idea how long I was listening to that Katatonia on repeat.

I have a feeling it'll be a while before yours gets ousted.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

A lot of individual song listening for me this past week during the making of a couple mixes for a Halloween party I threw. Other than that, primarily this gem:

And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    ...Other than that, primarily this gem:
    Ahh, one of Atlanta's finest. Wonder if anyone outside of the few of us around rave recs know and appreciate that gem? Everytime I see one of these two covers below I have to do a double take to remember which is which. Beulah is like the Glands, but after just moving in to the new place

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information