Troy needs a haircut

oh, whoops, wrong Troy P...

I don't like others.

Humid day?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Forget just a haircut, I could shave that head and knit enough sweaters to keep a homeless family warm this winter!

His hair is 3' long and he just insured it for $1 Million.

I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I keep hoping someone tackles him by it.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    I keep hoping someone tackles him by it.
    Believe it or not, that would be a penalty. The way the rules are written, I don’t know why more players don’t grow hair to their as$’s and let it all hang out. It would make it hard to reach out and grab them to bring them down.

But Troy is a defensive guy anyhow. He only touches the ball a hand full of times per year.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Sorry, but you're wrong G! It's perfectly legal..

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Believe it or not, that would be a penalty. The way the rules are written, I don’t know why more players don’t grow hair to their as$’s and let it all hang out. It would make it hard to reach out and grab them to bring them down.

But Troy is a defensive guy anyhow. He only touches the ball a hand full of times per year.
    ...to tackle a player by the hair, as long as it's not a 'horse collar' tackle that was banned after the injury to T.O. when he played for the Eagles. I remember reading about it years back, but here's a short article I pasted about it:

"For the record, any part of a player's hair that extends from the helmet is considered part of the uniform and is fair game for a tackler. It's known as the Ricky Williams rule for the running back who favored dreadlocks as his hairstyle. The NFL has instituted a new rule that prevents tacklers from collaring a ball carrier from behind, but that may be splitting hairs." - Pittsburgh Post-Gazzette

In addition, here's a youtube video of Polumalu getting hair-tackled. Looks like it's not your day G lol!

I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    ...to tackle a player by the hair, as long as it's not a 'horse collar' tackle that was banned after the injury to T.O. when he played for the Eagles. I remember reading about it years back, but here's a short article I pasted about it:

"For the record, any part of a player's hair that extends from the helmet is considered part of the uniform and is fair game for a tackler. It's known as the Ricky Williams rule for the running back who favored dreadlocks as his hairstyle. The NFL has instituted a new rule that prevents tacklers from collaring a ball carrier from behind, but that may be splitting hairs." - Pittsburgh Post-Gazzette

In addition, here's a youtube video of Polumalu getting hair-tackled. Looks like it's not your day G lol!

Then why have I seen penalties for it?

Then why have I seen penalties for it?
    I see that is is technicly legal, but some have been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct. A little grey area there.

I say, if they grow it, it's fair game. Tuck it in if you don't want to loose it. It makes it harder to tackle someone if it's illegal to grab them.

It's actually allowed because it would create an unfair...

I see that is is technicly legal, but some have been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct. A little grey area there.

I say, if they grow it, it's fair game. Tuck it in if you don't want to loose it. It makes it harder to tackle someone if it's illegal to grab them.
    ...advantage for those players with hair extending down their backs. Where you could normally grab a players jersey, they have hair instead. Again, you just can't grab their hair and pull them backward like a horse collar. Just use it to corral them and bring them down. Got it?

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    ...advantage for those players with hair extending down their backs. Where you could normally grab a players jersey, they have hair instead. Again, you just can't grab their hair and pull them backward like a horse collar. Just use it to corral them and bring them down. Got it?
    I got it. They should tuck it in or cut it off. If you were to grab a jersey, you could pull them back by it as long as it's not the collar. If the hair blocks that, it's still an unfair advantage.

His hair is sure prettier than mine. I wanna shave his head and see if he becomes a weakling. Ahh, doesn't matter, The Steelers suck anyway. Go 9ers.

Thread Information