Thread: Toothpaste

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar

Toothpaste

I just thought I'd pass along a tip. That tip is toothpaste. If you've got a badly scratched CD you can polish out the scratches with a soft cloth or tissue and toothpaste. I can only vouch for generic Crest. First polish in little circles then finish up going center to edge back and forth. A little moisture helps but the polishing will go more aggressively as the toothpaste dries out. Just polish away until the scratch is gone. Rinse. It leaves the disk a little foggy and scuffed but players can read through that. You can rescue CD's from very deep scratches. And the disk is so minty fresh afterward!

What do you use on a hard drive? Mouthwash?
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    I just thought I'd pass along a tip. That tip is toothpaste. If you've got a badly scratched CD you can polish out the scratches with a soft cloth or tissue and toothpaste.
    Does it remove the green marker ink from the edges?

Seriously, I've known guys that used toothpaste on patent leather and swore by it.

Thread Information