Thread: Tool news

Forum Regular

Tool news

Launch Radio Networks reports: TOOL has entered the mixing stage on its new album, according to sources close to the band, and is looking at an April or May release for the disc, its first since 2001's "Lateralus". As is typical for TOOL, few details have emerged about the project since the band reconvened earlier this year to begin recording. TOOL drummer Danny Carey told Launch that while the new music was hard to describe, he thought fans would have no problem recognizing it. "All I can say is you should probably just look at the past TOOL records," he said. "It's just kind of the next stage of development. Some of the tunes are pretty heavy on this one. It's still gonna be weird time signatures and all that stuff. It's just what comes out of us, you know. We just try to be true to our chemistry when we're in the little room in here together jamming, and what comes out comes out."

As reported last week, TOOL will release two mini-DVDs on December 20, both for tracks from "Lateralus". The discs, for the songs "Schism" and "Parabola", feature the videos for both tunes, commentary tracks from the members of TOOL and previously unreleased remixes. The group also reportedly has a live DVD in the works, although when that will be released remains undetermined.

TOOL singer Maynard James Keenan is preparing to release the first wines from his own personal vineyard. Three 2004 red wine blends will debut in the spring of 2006, with more information available at caduceus.org.

Good news

Quote Originally Posted by Duds
    The group also reportedly has a live DVD in the works, although when that will be released remains undetermined.
    That will be interesting; I'd like to see that, since I'll prolly never go to a tool concert.
    I will buy the new tOOL for sure, hoping that its an extension of Lateralus.

Quote Originally Posted by Duddy
    TOOL singer Maynard James Keenan is preparing to release the first wines from his own personal vineyard. Three 2004 red wine blends will debut in the spring of 2006, with more information available at caduceus.org.
    I will not however, buy wine made from anyone named Maynard from a group called Tool. Sounds like a mass mind control plot.
    I don't drink wine, anyway.

Forum Regular
    I agree, I think it will be an aweome dvd seeing how much time anf effort goes into each cd, i dont think they will put out a dvd unless it is top notch.

I'm already calling the new cd the best album of 2006....lol!!

come on man, Maynard is a wine expert!!! I'm sure the wine will be excellent, just like their cds. (I dont drink wine either, but may have to buy a bottle for keepsake)

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    That will be interesting; I'd like to see that, since I'll prolly never go to a tool concert.
    I will buy the new tOOL for sure, hoping that its an extension of Lateralus.

I will not however, buy wine made from anyone named Maynard from a group called Tool. Sounds like a mass mind control plot.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    LOL! C'mon, where else can you buy 100 proof "wine" at?

Great news...Tool is one of those groups that hasn't succumbed to the industry pressures of delivering albums every 2nd year (or worse). Some groups can surprisingly pull it off. Most can't.

I've found Tool has the right formula for their style of music. And despite almost 15 years of recording together, this will be only their 4th complete album, 5th if you include the EP.
    Gutsy to do this and risk being forgotten, but well appreciated for the longer gestation periods when the albums are released.

Can't wait.

Forum Regular
    Good post. I'd much rather wait 5 or 6 years for a new Tool record and have it be awesome, than get one every two years and be mediocre crap like most of what comes out these days.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    LOL! C'mon, where else can you buy 100 proof "wine" at?

Great news...Tool is one of those groups that hasn't succumbed to the industry pressures of delivering albums every 2nd year (or worse). Some groups can surprisingly pull it off. Most can't.

I've found Tool has the right formula for their style of music. And despite almost 15 years of recording together, this will be only their 4th complete album, 5th if you include the EP.
    Gutsy to do this and risk being forgotten, but well appreciated for the longer gestation periods when the albums are released.

Can't wait.

Forum Regular
    3 Lock Box, why would you never go to a Tool concert? You are certainly missing out to say the least, they are an amazing band live, well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grudge
    3 Lock Box, why would you never go to a Tool concert? You are certainly missing out to say the least, they are an amazing band live, well worth it.

5)Because where I live, they're not likely to ever play weekend dates (I work nights).
    4)Because I wouldn't go alone (and I don't know any local Tool fans).
    3)Because it'd be at least a two hour drive one way at night and I have CSS.
    2)Because I know that they appeal to a wide audience age-wise, and I don't want to go to anymore festival seating concerts where there are 16 yr old boys and girls trying to figure out whose dad I am, or if I'm a nark, or if I'm a pediphile.
    1)I'm broke.

Thread Information