Kathryn Williams - Leave to Remain

Is this where we go to rave about records?

I didn't buy much new music last year, so not much to contribute other than to share the love for this singer/songwriter musician from the U.K.

Beautiful voice, lovely arrangements, and thoughtful lyrics. Definitely does not rock out, but she's been recommended for fans of Joni Mitchell and Nick Drake, so that will give you an inkling of her style.

You can hear her song Sustain Pedal on her website here: http://www.kathrynwilliams.net/

I want to cry but I can’t
    Like when it’s too cold to snow
    The day I left the wind blew shut
    Velvet curtains
    I became older

I'm such a sucker for melancholy lyrics...

in general posts about records generally fall under the what's spinning thread. To find the thread check here: What is spinning?
    that makes as much sense as a drunken mongoose playing the piano

Well, she was only joking about where to go to rave...

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    in general posts about records generally fall under the what's spinning thread. To find the thread check here: What is spinning?
    ...about favorite records. Notice the 522 posts? Her usual MO is to make a few posts, banter about with old the geezers and then disappear for another 4 or 5 months. And that's a good thing since we can only take her in small doses anyway.

Swish Baby
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    in general posts about records generally fall under the what's spinning thread.
    Wait, what? You guys actually talk about music in that thread, or do you just post what you're listening to? I got the impression that if I were to post a question about something in that thread, it would, in all likelihood, go unread. I eschew that thread, because there's barely any discussion at all, and even if there was, I wouldn't want to have to read the whole thread just to get the few morsels.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Wait, what? You guys actually talk about music in that thread, or do you just post what you're listening to? I got the impression that if I were to post a question about something in that thread, it would, in all likelihood, go unread. I eschew that thread, because there's barely any discussion at all, and even if there was, I wouldn't want to have to read the whole thread just to get the few morsels.
    What he said. I prefer to start a new thread if I want to generate a discussion on a particular album.

...except I don't know what eschew means.

Thanks for the heads up on this one Snowy. That's a beautiful song on her site. I'll definately check out this CD and will pass on the word as I can think of a few people that will like this... based on the one song anyway.

Edit: There's another four tracks on her myspace page. http://www.myspace.com/kathrynwilliams. This is very nice. Reminds me a little of Hem in that it's just nice, unpretentious and stripped down. Lovely.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 02-27-2007 at 06:12 AM.

Thread Information