Quote Originally Posted by newbsterv2
Am I the only one who thinks that Telarcs recording are utter trash? Dull, Murky, too quiet. The funny thing is that the cd insert included with telarc cd's claim how no eq's are used and there and no this and that here and there. These people should just stop making crap sounding recordings. I'll take an RCA Victor or an Analog EMI any day of the week over this overpriced/overproduced junk.
you must be one of the very few. telarc CDs mostly are quite powerful and detailed. perhaps you should get your system checked or perhaps youre too used to bright digital crap recordings.

pictures at an exhibition by lorin maazel and the cleveland orchestra should pin you to the wall at the end ilf you set the volume to a normal level near the beginning of the piece.

numerous telarcs are truly superior recordings, if you dont think so, you have system problems. the biggest prob with telarcs is that the music isnt always up to the format.

i have the vinyl of the nutcracker so i will check it out. the vinyl of the pictures is awesome, better than the cd.